Password:

Forgot your password?
Ventrillo shows XXXXXXXXX

Ventrillo shows XXXXXXXXX
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Chops I recently had Vent hacked and had to pretty much rebuild it. I deleted the old Vent status block and made a new one due to the XXXXXX showing up, but it still shows the XXXXXXXX its prob been 3-6 days since I recreated the block. Any suggestions for me?
This is an unfortunate configuration on your ventrilo server side. Those XXXXXXXX's are being sent to the ventrilo_status program by the server. In some cases, it's simply users selecting to be hidden (by unchecking the box "Show Login Name to Remote Status Requests" on the "Server" button of the vent client itself. In other cases, I believe it's a server-side configuration that doesn't report much information.

I would contact your vent host and verify that they allow remote status requests to include the login name.

Does that help?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I saw my first XXXXXXXXX on the Ventrilo status today. I logged into Vent and no one was in the lobby (where the X's showed).

First time I've ever seen it come up. Doesn't mean it's a bug, but thought I would mention it.

--
Followers of Nobility
It's definitely not a bug. I have a couple of friends that show up as XXXs in my vent as well.

This setting on the vent client enables that:

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]