Password:

Forgot your password?
Northrend-Arthas template

Northrend-Arthas template
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Tickets]
Secondary: None

Is it possible to change either the background color or the text color on forum posts for URL links? Trying to post the link for raid reports but they are not visible. Just trying to avoid adding <------click here to all the posts Thanks.
Look for something in your CSS file similar to the following:
/* Basic Link Definition */
A:visited	{color: #FFCC33;}
A:link		{color: #FFCC33;}
A:active	{color: #FFFFFF;}
A:hover		{color: #FFFFFF;}

--
Followers of Nobility
The problem isn't so much the template, but the fact that you've set the rank post colors to a white background (where the link colors by default on that template are white).

You can either change the CSS to fix this, using the

.PostText a:link (and the other :hover, :visited, etc)

Or you can head to Admin > Security > Ranks, editing each rank, and removing the white background color from each poster's post text. Leaving that information blank is recommended except for certain ranks that you wish to have some sort of "stand-out power" (think like the "Blue Posts" from the Blizzard forums).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks for the tip...works great now!
I've been using this template since the WOTLK expansion and as Cataclysm nears, I've been changing it to be more Cataclysm-like. As a matter of fact, my site now looks very much like the Cataclysm: Worgen Drop-in layout. The only thing I haven't been able to do is change the blue menu buttons. In my css file, and the original Northrend - Arthas css, there is no mention of a Menu-HeadOpen or Menu-HeadClosed buttons. I copied that section from the Cataclysm: Worgen css and that didn't work. Then I dropped in the whole Cat:Wor layout and I STILL have BLUE buttons. Am I hyper dense or is there some file or script I don't have access to to change my menu header buttons? My site is http://www.echoesofinfinity.com .

PS. Thinking it might be a browser cache on my side, I installed a different browser. That didn't help at all.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
The old Northrend template is a little wonky in that it uses the showhide.js file to mess with things.

The new versions (the cataclysm ones based on that template) are much easier to figure out due to the fact that I updated the showhide.js files in that to change the classname, rather than change the file directly.

So my recommendation will be to use the new template, and modify it accordingly with your custom images and layouts.

Edit: Actually, on further inspection, I see that's exactly what you did

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks so much for the response. Yes, last night I decided to drop in the whole layout and not just the css, and modify it instead of the Northrend template. See, if I had just been a little patient, it would have come to me.

Nolo

[Back to Index]