Password:

Forgot your password?
Bug with phone field in account

Bug with phone field in account
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

It's showing my account name in the phone field for several users. Never saw this glitch before. Any ideas?

--
Followers of Nobility
No idea. That's very odd. There's nothing in the code that would pre-load that information. Are you running any kind of pre-loading mods on your browser (like the Google Bar on IE used to do that)

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I've always had this problem, never bothered to mention it.

I use Safari, which does like to load in things, but I believe I have that turned off.

--
I'm using Firefox with 2 addons... CustomizeGoogle (removes ads and spam) and User Agent Switcher.

Don't think either of those would be messing with it.

--
Followers of Nobility
It's not doing it with IE. Maybe that field name has the same name as something else?

Weird, because it shouldn't autofill unless I clicked in there and started typing something...

--
Followers of Nobility
Does it do it on all accounts on your site, or only specific ones.

The HTML for that field is simple:

<input type=text name=phone value="PhoneValue" />

Where "PhoneValue" is the "phone" field returned from the database.

I'd verify that it's doing it for only certain accounts, and if so, it's likely they somehow entered their username in the phone field when they saved the form (or last time they updated their profile).

--
Quote by Chops

I'd verify that it's doing it for only certain accounts, and if so, it's likely they somehow entered their username in the phone field when they saved the form (or last time they updated their profile).

Haha I never gave this too much thought but for a lot of my users accounts in the phone field is says: "Bare" I just thought it meant Empty, maye its populating my account name. It has it for all the accounts that do not have a phone number entered.
Quote by Chops

Anytime a new member creates an account and does not put a phone number it is placing my login name there.

Anytime a new member creates an account and does not put a phone number it is placing my login name there.

That's so wierd. There must be something about a field named "phone" that it wants to autoinsert the login name values. There's nothing in the code that does it, it's just a purely automatic thing by the browser. I'll have to find a solution to this, even if it means renaming the field on the form.

--

[Back to Index]