Password:

Forgot your password?
News Page Functionality

News Page Functionality
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Suggestions]

What are the chances of getting the same/better functionality for posting on the news page as we have for forum posts? (i.e. text colors, tables, etc)

I would invite you to speak with a gentleman named Bloc at http://www.tinyportal.net/ who made a fantastic WYSIWYG editor for BBC code. It allowed for tables where you could see the actual table just like in MS Word, icons to add images, etc. Far and away the most useful item I found prior to moving to DKPsystems for all but out forums. A Guild's News Page is a source of pride but one shouldn't have to be a programming guru to be able to make slick looking front page material to show off their achievements!

Please don't take this as criticism, it is simply that there is little one can do with the News unless they want to spend a lot of time learning how to code tables and whatnot.

The new page does have an editor, though it's not an WYSIWYG editor. Make sure you choose "BBCode" when posting a news post. If you choose HTML or Hybrid, the function bar hides itself automatically.

I've got some thoughts on adding a WYSIWYG editor, but it's not a top priority at current.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]