Password:

Forgot your password?
Auto Sign ups

Auto Sign ups
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: [Support]

Would it be possible to get some function that would allow a user to sign up for all posted events? We post a month worth of events at a time. It would be nice if I could click a button and say "Sign me up for all posted events" rather than having to sign up for 30 individual ones.
Quote by Shianne
Would it be possible to get some function that would allow a user to sign up for all posted events? We post a month worth of events at a time. It would be nice if I could click a button and say "Sign me up for all posted events" rather than having to sign up for 30 individual ones.

Any chance?

Any chance?

The best I can offer at this point is the prepopulated roster option.

It's important that every event that get's signed up for is done so manually, to ensure there's no "I just signed up for everything, I didn't know about this one" kind of drama.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Blah. We tried teh pre-population. Had too many issues with it as we need to sit out certain people for certain zones as they are not able to get in due to flagging requirements or a lack of need for their class etc.
The best I can offer at this point is the prepopulated roster option.

It's important that every event that get's signed up for is done so manually, to ensure there's no "I just signed up for everything, I didn't know about this one" kind of drama.

The pre-populated option creates as much of a problem since it it "assumes" that everyone will be present for every raid and people just say "I didn't sign up for that the system signed me up". In my opinion, any drama that might potentially come from guild leadership deciding to use or not to use a feature of this site is something that individual guilds' leadership is there to deal with.

In my opinion, if you aren't able or choose not to provide something that is requested it shouldn't be based on what you personally may think will or will not cause guild drama, but based on what you are willing to provide for guilds to work with. This not meant as critism, since I greatly enjoy the service that you provide and think you do a great job, just an observation, about what standards I think you should use when considering a site owners request.

We also use a set raid schedule for 4 days a week and post it at least 1 month in advance. That means 16 or more separate sign up windows that people have to to open and use. I have members asking me if there isn't an easier way for them to sign up. Having a single list to check/uncheck specific raids by only opening 1 window or for those that never miss a raid to "sign up for all" or something like that would be a huge benefit to our guild as well.

You make good points. Indeed, after posting my response, I had thought that perhaps there could be a "Quick signup" method, which would list events, and one would just need to check a box, and choose a charcter for each events all on one page.

I'm not a fan of an instant "Sign me up for all events ever" option though. I think that's a little too dangerous.

Though a quick signup option is actually viable, in my opinion.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
You make good points. Indeed, after posting my response, I had thought that perhaps there could be a "Quick signup" method, which would list events, and one would just need to check a box, and choose a charcter for each events all on one page.

I'm not a fan of an instant "Sign me up for all events ever" option though. I think that's a little too dangerous.

Though a quick signup option is actually viable, in my opinion.

That would work great, we give a small bonus DKP to those that do sign up (or unsign) accurately and let us know if they will be there (or not) since it does help the officers knowing who to expect when etc. and we end up hearing a lot of QQ from those people who don't take the time to sign up and miss the bonus DKP saying "I don't like to sign up cause it takes too long and I have to open and close XX million windows" to which I normally reply something along the lines of "everyone else has to do the same and 99% of the people manage to do it and earn the bonus DKP".

It would be nice to say to those people "so now that you only have to open one window and it is faster and easier why don't you bother signing up/unsigning now?" Least maybe I would get to hear some new excuses while they are QQ'ing about missing out on the bonus DKP!

[Back to Index]