GRSS dkp tracking option for items

GRSS dkp tracking option for items
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

/grss [item link] dkp-value

that would be.. friggin awsome...

if the webapge could corrolate the item with the name of the person who got it to assign dkp values... it would save many a postit note.

--
I'll actually be adding a popup for GRSS that says "how much was spent on this item" whenever an item is received.

Also remember that if the item values are static, it doesn't matter then, because the default value should be filling in if you leave the "Points" field blank.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'll actually be adding a popup for GRSS that says "how much was spent on this item" whenever an item is received.

Also remember that if the item values are static, it doesn't matter then, because the default value should be filling in if you leave the "Points" field blank.

We use bidding, so this should be perfect

--

Eew this could get ugly. What will happen when your running ZG and picking up about 30 coins and Bijou's a raid. Are you going to have filtering so that I can indicate items I don't care about or will it remember if I enter a value that is 0 to never ask again? Will it only do this on Boss Loot? I can just see this slowing raid leaders down if your having to enter a point value or dismiss a popup window for every looted item. Another option would be to track items that are sharded as some of this often happens when the same thing drops 2 or 3 times in ZG and everyone has it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
For boss loot and sharded stuff, you'll just have to deal with it. I could probably even implement a /grss nolootprompt and /grss yeslootprompt .

For Bijous, Idols, and mounts in AQ40, and whatever else, yeah, I can probably automatically suppress the prompts.

But I don't see pressing the ESC key to be that huge of a hassle, when you shard an item in MC or ZG. It's not like it's happening every few seconds.

--

Eew this could get ugly. What will happen when your running ZG and picking up about 30 coins and Bijou's a raid. Are you going to have filtering so that I can indicate items I don't care about or will it remember if I enter a value that is 0 to never ask again? Will it only do this on Boss Loot? I can just see this slowing raid leaders down if your having to enter a point value or dismiss a popup window for every looted item. Another option would be to track items that are sharded as some of this often happens when the same thing drops 2 or 3 times in ZG and everyone has it.

well it doesnt even record greens at the moment so the coins arent an issue...

--

How well will this work for say a spend all system?

--
Sreh
For boss loot and sharded stuff, you'll just have to deal with it. I could probably even implement a /grss nolootprompt and /grss yeslootprompt .

For Bijous, Idols, and mounts in AQ40, and whatever else, yeah, I can probably automatically suppress the prompts.

But I don't see pressing the ESC key to be that huge of a hassle, when you shard an item in MC or ZG. It's not like it's happening every few seconds.

The noloot yesloot options probably are the best way to go IMO. Then you can just turn it off and on when doing boss loot.

--
Do you think it would also be possible to add a checkbox to indicate if an item was sharded? This would help during the import process. When I lead raids it is easy as I am the enchanter so I know when I am importing what I picked up to shard versus buy. There are other times however that other enchanters are present that are not raid leaders and are handed items to disenchant. Having someway of tracking this would be nice. It also could mean that you could update the Items Recieved data to show the number of times a specific item has been sharded. This would be helpful in knowing the potential for someone on the raid wanting or needed the item.

--
Quote by Saudorun
Do you think it would also be possible to add a checkbox to indicate if an item was sharded? This would help during the import process. When I lead raids it is easy as I am the enchanter so I know when I am importing what I picked up to shard versus buy. There are other times however that other enchanters are present that are not raid leaders and are handed items to disenchant. Having someway of tracking this would be nice. It also could mean that you could update the Items Recieved data to show the number of times a specific item has been sharded. This would be helpful in knowing the potential for someone on the raid wanting or needed the item.

I've been looking for a way to accomplish this as well. We quite often shard a majority of the loot we get as the loot tables seem to be small in Karazhan. I would like to indicate that an item has been dis enchanted and to not show the shards, currently i'm tracking this by assigning the items and shards to the guild bank. But I can't seem to get the items not to show on DKP, even if their cost is zero. I'd rather have a way of removing the items without deleting the drop.
A standard approach to sharding items is to associate the item with an artificial character named something like "Disenchanted" then just enter 0 for the amount spent.

That is pretty much the standard approach, though I realize that it's not completely automatic. You could simplify the process by entering "Sharded" or something similar into the "How much did Joeblow spend on Sword of Awesomenessly Awesome" popup.

--
Quote by Chops
A standard approach to sharding items is to associate the item with an artificial character named something like "Disenchanted" then just enter 0 for the amount spent.

That is pretty much the standard approach, though I realize that it's not completely automatic. You could simplify the process by entering "Sharded" or something similar into the "How much did Joeblow spend on Sword of Awesomenessly Awesome" popup.

How do you get the items that are sharded not to show up then, is there a way to hide all items won by Disenchanted?

If you look at my site, you can see that Aribell is the character currently setup to receive sharded items. This is how I've been working around it. But it still shows the items being won by that person in the menu window "Last Items Received"

[Back to Index]