Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Support
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Hi There,

I can't get the DKP mod to work. It was working for about 5 or 6 raids but then stopped.

Symptoms:
- I can see the raids being captured in game when I kill a boss.
- If we wipe (not that often ;-) It does ask me if I would like to record the wipe and I can do so.
- Every time I log between characters it asks me if I would like to purge or keep 5 items and no raids. (Please note that there should of been many more than 5 items). Also, selecting purge makes no difference, it always asks me if I would like to purge or keep 5 items and no raids.
- At the conclusion of a Raid, I am able to select the 'GuildRaidSnapShot.lua' file and it spends a bit of time thinking about it but then I don't get the list.
- I can download all the latest DKP from the website using the grkss.exe and it does show the updated dkp for all the raiders.

Actions I have taken.
- I have removed and readded the Addon folder.
- I have made sure to enable auto snapshot with /grss yesauto

System:
Vista 64bit
Firefox 3.x & IE 7.x
World of Warcraft
provenanceguild.dkpsystem.com

Post Script Questions regarding DKP Mod
- Is there any reason more than 1 player can have the mod running?
- I had an officer trying it out and he says that the "start bids" button wasn't visible. We thought it might be because we both had the system running.
- Anything we can do to automate the dkp updating the dkp information?

Many thanks for the help.
Aaron.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
If you have WoW installed into the Program Files folder on vista, that could be a problem. Try moving WoW out of the Program files folder (to, for example, c Games\WoW). Vista protects the Program files folder, which causes issues with WoW and mod data.

As for your followup questions:

- Is there any reason more than 1 player can have the mod running?

It's always a good idea to have more than one player running the mod, as WoW crashing would cause you to lose your new snapshot and item data.

- I had an officer trying it out and he says that the "start bids" button wasn't visible. We thought it might be because we both had the system running.

He much first choose "Bids" from the drop down in the upper right corner (which defaults to Current Standings).

- Anything we can do to automate the dkp updating the dkp information?

What do you mean by this? Automatically uploading the snapshot file or something? If that's what you mean, then currently, no that's not an option.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
If you have WoW installed into the Program Files folder on vista, that could be a problem. Try moving WoW out of the Program files folder (to, for example, c Games\WoW). Vista protects the Program files folder, which causes issues with WoW and mod data.

Hi Chops,

Thanks for replying, awesome response time. This can not be the problem, because it has been working previously in the Program Files problem. I am prepared to give it a try, but I am hoping there is some other steps that I can take.

I'd definitely try moving it out of the program files folder first. Keep in mind I said it CAN cause problems, but in almost every instance of the GRSS acting up with regard to storing the data or not purging the data (on vista), this is the cause.

If the problem persists after this, we can work something out and I'll give you a call to troubleshoot over the phone.

--
kk... just gotta wait for the 1gb patch to finish download. /sigh

I moved it to the root directory and it still didn't work. Just to make sure, I tried it as an administrator as well. It is recording the items, but not the raids. In game you can see it taking snapshots though.

I must reiterate, this used to work a few weeks ago.
Final thing before I call you, could you upload to this thread the GuildRaidSnapShot.lua data file (not the mod file, the file that you're uploading)

--
sure, no problem.
The file you uploaded is from Interface/Addons/GuildRaidSnapShot. I actually need to see the file from WTF/Account/AccountName/SavedVariables

--
kk... sorry
Alrighty, things are looking good so far. The file you uploaded contains 6 snapshots from ZA dated today (Oct 15)

But if you upload that file to Admin > DKP Upload GRSS Snapshots, you don't get any results?

--

[Back to Index]