Password:

Forgot your password?
Help with header

Help with header
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Ok, we are a WoW guild, and I was using the WAR advanced drop in template. I didn't have any problem removing the characters from displaying. The issue I'm having is that instead of a logo, I modified the header-bg.jpg to become our Logo. The War drop in doesn't have the template file in it- and I was trying to change that image- and the layout file calls a script- maybe it's saved in there. Can you give me some pointers or am I forced to try to figure out a transparent logo? I removed the logo from the layout already. Site is www.nqd.dkpsystem.com
You'll want to tweak the CSS and have it point to the new image.

If you head to Admin > Layout > CSS Editor, you can make that change.

Look for this rule (which is the current one on your site)

#header
{
	background: url('http://dkpfiles.com/dkp-templates/war/header_bg.jpg') no-repeat top center;
	height: 186px;
	position: relative;
	text-align: center;
}

Just change the path to something else, and that'll change the image in the top.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks for assistance but now I've ran into another problem. I see where you discussing what I needed to change but anytime I make any modification to the layout file, I lose all of my menu links on the right side.

I've ran a controlled test just to see what is causing it; I originally noticed it when I removed the logo image line. Even leaving that, and just commenting out the function call for the random character display- causes the menu links on the right side to be disabled. Any ideas why? At first I thought I goofed something up in the CSS sheet, but that's not it. Although, with your assistance I understand now that alot of the functionality is being controlled through the CSS.

Do you have any idea why the menu links would suddenly stop working? Even when I removed the commenting and uploaded the file, the links did not work. And yes I tried renaming them. I feel like I'm missing something simple here.

Thanks again for your assistance!

[Back to Index]