Password:

Forgot your password?
Time on site incorrect?

Time on site incorrect?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: [Support] [Tickets]

Time is off by an hour (the system time of our site is an hour slow)

I have checked and triple checked the time zone I'm in. This is occuring for many of my users (I've been asked by 4 of them).

My system (my computer) time is correct and I've tried even changing the timezone and back again - no joy.

Any idea what's up?
Is it showing properly for you? If not, where are you located? And for your users, where are they located, and then what time zone do they have selected.

If the users choose the wrong time zone specification (a common one is Texans choosing Mexico City, which doesn't observe the same daylight saving time as USA).

They can doublecheck the time by typing it into Google: "Vancouver Time" and if that time isn't consistent, then they'll need to choose another time zone.

For typical american time zones, choose:

Eastern: America/New_York
Central: America/Chicago
Mountain: America/Denver
Pacific: America/Los_Angeles

--
It's all in the reflexes.
It doesn't display correctly for me. I'm in Vancouver (PST -800)

I hve tried all variants of -800 (Including one which is Vancouver) yet the time is still an hour behind. The time for upcoming events is an hour off (IE: It thinks there are 3 hrs till an event when there is only 2)

I've tried LA time with no change. My users range from PST to EST timezones and all are reporting the same thing.

Odd...
IF everyone is reporting a time being off, check the event times themselves in Admin > Event Schedule. Your events will most likely be displaying an hour off there. Fix it there, and it'll fix it universally.

--
Quote by Chops
IF everyone is reporting a time being off, check the event times themselves in Admin > Event Schedule. Your events will most likely be displaying an hour off there. Fix it there, and it'll fix it universally.

WTH...works now (Didn't change anything..still on Vancouver time). hmmm... I swear I'm not reading this stuff wrong.

Ok thanks anyway Chops =)
Ok thanks anyway Chops =)

Odd. I don't have an explanation. Perhaps someone else tweaked something on your site?

--

[Back to Index]