Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP Decay

DKP Decay
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: [Support]

Hey Chops when you get a chance i would like to know how this set up translates, so that i can explain it correctly to all our raiders.

Full Period Length: 30 Days
Fully Decayed Value: .25
Decay Period: 100

Now i have Full period set to 30 because we run a 30 day trial on members where they can earn but can not spend thus ensuring that,
A: Some scrub that won't last a week doesn't get in essence free loot.
B: That once they are off trial they have points to spend immediately.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly any points earned in those 30 days will not decay?

Decay rate is at .25% over 100 days so for example, if i have 200 dkp and i haven't spent or earned any other points those 200 points will eventually decay to a final value of 50 points at the end of those 100 days?

Now lets say i have earned 500 points, spent 200 points how will this decay ?

500 - 200 = 300 after purchase
500 - .25 = 125 after decay
200 - .25 = 50 Total Item cost at the end of 100 days
125 + 50 = 175 Total Points at the end of 100 days ?

So, if I'm understanding this correctly any points earned in those 30 days will not decay?

The points will START decaying 30 days after earning them.

So, as an example, lets say I've attended three raids, each a month apart, each worth 100 points.

Feb 1st
Mar 1st
April 1st

The April one is only 14 days old, and so it will not have begun decaying yet (it's less than 30 days old)

The March 1st one is 45 days old, and so it will have begun decaying, (and would have been for 15 days). It will likely now be worth roughly 80-90 points.

The Feb 1st one is 75 days old (meaning it has been decaying for 45 days) and will likely be around half the original value, so around 50 points.

Hope that helps explain it. Each raid decays indepentendly, so your new members' earliest raids will probably begin decaying as soon as their trial period is up.

125 + 50 = 175 Total Points at the end of 100 days ?

You had everything right except the +

It should be 125 - 50 = 75.

Also to clarify, it's after 100 days after the decay starts, so a total of about 130 days.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]