Password:

Forgot your password?
Broken poll

Broken poll
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I've seen this off and on for a very long time. Is there to fix a broken poll such as this?

http://wulfpack.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?threadid=276

It's not broken. With an expiration date, the results don't show until it expires.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The problem we've found is that the expiration date is in the timezone of the viewer and not GMT or server time.

So when we had a poll with expiration, people on the east could see the results before the people on the west coast.

--
Quaiche - Addon Author, Druid, and Guild Leader for Benevolent Thuggery on Dragonblight
By the way, the problem with this:

- poll results are shown based on local timezone when the poll has an expiration date

combined with this

- you can only hide results by setting an expiration date

Makes the polling system effectively useless for a voting system where you want the total % hidden until the vote is closed.

Please do something about this. We do a lot of voting in our guild and as it stands now I have to set an end date beyond the real end date and then change it back, which is stupid.

--
Quaiche - Addon Author, Druid, and Guild Leader for Benevolent Thuggery on Dragonblight
Thanks for the report there, Quaiche. That's an interesting find, and I'm surprised no one has pointed it out before. I'll get that fixed for you so that the polls will be on site-time.

--
Fixed.

--
Quote by Chops
Fixed.

Thanks!

--

[Back to Index]