Password:

Forgot your password?
2 Guild Masters?

2 Guild Masters?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Is it possible to have two Guild Masters assigned that both have full administrative capabilities?

Also is there a difference between Guild Operator and Guild Master?

For example, I registered and payed for the site, but I am not the Guild Master (only an Officer). I assigned Guild Master to the rightful person and left myself as Guild Master for now (didn't know if changing it would affect my ability to administer the site). His admin panel is not the same as mine. I have more options. Furthermore, when I bring up the roster we both appear as Guild Master. When he brings up the roster, he says it shows him as Class Leader (custom rank just under GM). Any ideas or direction?
Is it possible to have two Guild Masters assigned that both have full administrative capabilities?

Also is there a difference between Guild Operator and Guild Master?

For example, I registered and payed for the site, but I am not the Guild Master (only an Officer). I assigned Guild Master to the rightful person and left myself as Guild Master for now (didn't know if changing it would affect my ability to administer the site). His admin panel is not the same as mine. I have more options. Furthermore, when I bring up the roster we both appear as Guild Master. When he brings up the roster, he says it shows him as Class Leader (custom rank just under GM). Any ideas or direction?

I am no expert on this and I am new to the system, but I noticed in admin under "account" you can edit the player's account that you want to give full admins to and select "Give Full Administrative Privledges". This should give whoever you want the same access to the site as the Guild Master.

Sreh

----
Sreh

--
Sreh
There is no way currently through the interface to hand the top position (Rank 1) to anyone else. If you need these privledges given out, I'll have to do it.

However, the easiest approach when the non-GM signs up, is to rename Rank 1 to "Site admin/Officer" and Rank 2 to "Guild Master" Then go on down the list.

Sreh's comment about giving them Full admin privs is also correct, however, any user whom you give that priv will have to log off the website and back up for the security to be reset for him.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Sreh,

Thanks for the tip. I think that solves my admin problem. I also think that clears up my roster problem. I was associating the character's rank in the roster with the security when in fact its the account that is assigned the security.

Not sure if that is entirely correct so input from dkpsystems.com would be nice.
DKPSystem.com - 2 Guild Masters?

Heh, beat ya by 13 seconds!

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
DKPSystem.com - 2 Guild Masters?

Heh, beat ya by 13 seconds!

----

Yep ;-p
However, the easiest approach when the non-GM signs up, is to rename Rank 1 to "Site admin/Officer" and Rank 2 to "Guild Master" Then go on down the list.

This is the option I have taken. I have put the rank of GM at level 2 and renamed level 1 to Administrator.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]