Password:

Forgot your password?
Easier way to mass edit item values??

Easier way to mass edit item values??
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: [Support] [Suggestions]

We have 5 or so different DKP systems (diff raid instances) and setting the base item values is becoming a bit of a chore considering there are well over 200 items spread out among the zones.

Using the Quick Edit Items really isn't that quick. I have to double click, put in value, double click, put in a value, and repeat this 200+ times per zone.

Is there plans (or maybe an existing) for a better way to do this? Such as at the top having a single box one could put a number in and it would apply it to ALL of the boxes for that given zone?

Or perhaps a way to filter to only show items for a given zone? IE: You select 'quick edit items' and then pick a zone, after which it only displays the items obtainable in that zone where you can put in the base value in each box? No point entering values for items in Kara that only drop in SSC, for example.

Or is there a way to maybe set a base value when the zone is initialized?

Not sure why you have created a dkp system for each raid instance, but I can answer your question a little bit and give you some tips.

You can select items by the zone it's in with the options at the top. Then what I do, because it constantly refresh's and changes the defaults back if you edit off that page, is I right click and open target in new tab and then edit that value. Then I submit that tab. Just be careful you don't use enter to submit the value because enter will default to delete.

What would be nice is the ability to export the list into excel and then import a .csv file that would update everything at once.
Quote by Mardew
Not sure why you have created a dkp system for each raid instance, but I can answer your question a little bit and give you some tips.

You can select items by the zone it's in with the options at the top. Then what I do, because it constantly refresh's and changes the defaults back if you edit off that page, is I right click and open target in new tab and then edit that value.

This is still a "one item at a time" approach, which is fine if you have differing values.

95% of the items in a given zone have the same base value in our system, so what I'd like is a way to change ALL the values of ALL the items in a given zone. At the top of the "Quick Edit Items" an input box that if you put a value in there and then submitted made it that value for the entire column would be ideal.

As for why I have mulitple DKP systems - there are a number of reasons.

1: DKP going into the system is different between 25 man and 10 man raids if you use static earning (which we do) and can also vary depending on how many bosses are in a given system. I need to balance this with dkp out, so I need varying item costs based on instance.

2: I want to avoid people collecting DKP in an easy/farmable instance and hoping to hoard the loot in new content by spending it there. I believe this doesn't encourage people to show up for progression-based raids.

3: I simply find it easier to track raid attendance/items recieved/etc based on instance (personal preference)

=)

[Back to Index]