Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Characters/Roster
Urgency (2 votes)
Rating (2 votes)
Description:
Here's an idea to address a challenge we've been facing.

We're a large casual raiding guild. We have people who raid hard and people who don't at all. As we progress deeper into the content, we've found that it helps us (the officers) to keep track of who is ready for which raid. We're currently using a spreadsheet that has rows for each toon and columns that say Kara, Gruul, Mag, ZA, SSC, TK, etc.

I'm sure you could add a feature for that, but it got me thinking that a way to add custom fields might be even better. Suppose I could add boolean fields for each of the raids we do.

Ideally, each field could have its visibility controlled too. Perhaps "Public" (everyone can see), "Member" (the person and officers can see), "Officer" (officers only), "Admin" (guild master only).

Or something like that. Sure would be nice to get rid of that spreadsheet. :)

Thanks!
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
We're a large casual raiding guild. We have people who raid hard and people who don't at all. As we progress deeper into the content, we've found that it helps us (the officers) to keep track of who is ready for which raid. We're currently using a spreadsheet that has rows for each toon and columns that say Kara, Gruul, Mag, ZA, SSC, TK, etc.

The system has supported this for a long time. Look at the "Keys and Attunements" section.

However, custom fields are indeed coming, and are currently in development (there's a massive update in the works, for which I haven't released many details yet).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
The system has supported this for a long time. Look at the "Keys and Attunements" section.

However, custom fields are indeed coming, and are currently in development (there's a massive update in the works, for which I haven't released many details yet).

Well, no. "Ready" in our guild doesn't mean "has the key". We have raiding requirements that people have to achieve (gear, enchants, etc.) and managing who's made it for which raid is a bit of a challenge.

--
Quaiche - Addon Author, Druid, and Guild Leader for Benevolent Thuggery on Dragonblight

[Back to Index]