Password:

Forgot your password?
Forums index not up to date on reload

Forums index not up to date on reload
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

after posting people are thinking their posts are not going thru. Usually you get taken back to the index and it will be there. Now it s often not there. I'm not sure if its because they are sometimes not posting or (my hunch)is the page is loading from cache rather then getting a new one. Somtimes if I read a post and then return to the forum index it still shows unread until I refresh.

There appears to be a change made in the code that handles this. either a longer cache time was selected (to try to remove burden on the web site i imagine) or something else.

Please fix, this is causing a lot of issues with poster and many more refreshes which is going to actualy over burden the web server. I'm having to reload a few time ever view to make sure I get everything.

Thanks.
Quote by gaal
after posting people are thinking their posts are not going thru. Usually you get taken back to the index and it will be there. Now it s often not there. I'm not sure if its because they are sometimes not posting or (my hunch)is the page is loading from cache rather then getting a new one. Somtimes if I read a post and then return to the forum index it still shows unread until I refresh.

There appears to be a change made in the code that handles this. either a longer cache time was selected (to try to remove burden on the web site i imagine) or something else.

Please fix, this is causing a lot of issues with poster and many more refreshes which is going to actualy over burden the web server. I'm having to reload a few time ever view to make sure I get everything.

Thanks.

I noticed the Read versus UnRead issue on 1 post the other day on our site also. I clicked the post. Read it. Clicked the Back to Index link and post was still marked as UnRead. I did it again and it cleared it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Sorry about that. It's fixed. There was an unruly slave server that wasn't updating quickly enough, but the system thought it was. The issue should be sorted out, and you should be good to go now.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]