Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Played by Whom? on DKP import not remembering.

Played by Whom? on DKP import not remembering.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I don't know why but this used to work fairly well (80%) of the time. Now however it seems like it never works anymore.

Maybe it's because alts earn loot (for 0 DKP) and earn DKP for their mains, but never earn DKP of their own?

I don't know. But it's getting frustrating as 2 of our 3 kara groups are so far into kara that we're starting to sub in a lot of alts.
If the alts have any DKP, items, or Adjustments to their name, it assumes they are valid DKP recipients, and therefore doesn't auto-fill the "played by" box.

Check the character profiles of these characters and see if there's anything associated with them. If so, you'll want to change that.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Right. They are assigned items so we know what they received (items that would have been disenchanted) for 0 cost.

They never receive DKP though.
Actually, why filter the "played by" override at all?

If there isn't a major technical reason could you give me a checkbox in the admin panel somewhere so I can set it to always remember instead of the system deciding on its own who it'll remember and who it won't?

It'll be fairly obvious if it needs to be changed because it won't be blank. At that point then it's my fault if I mess it up, rather than the system deciding this for me.
Quote by tkieffer
Actually, why filter the "played by" override at all?

If there isn't a major technical reason could you give me a checkbox in the admin panel somewhere so I can set it to always remember instead of the system deciding on its own who it'll remember and who it won't?

It'll be fairly obvious if it needs to be changed because it won't be blank. At that point then it's my fault if I mess it up, rather than the system deciding this for me.

The reason it filters that information is for those times when someone is playing on someone else's toon for class necessity. The last thing you want is for someone's legitimate DKP to remember to be assigned to someone else because they happened to play their character once when it was needed (but the player wasn't available).

This was something that happened fairly often in my guild when we raided.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Right but it'd be fairly obvious because the dropdown would be filled in.

Anyway I could get an admin panel option to switch it so that your preferred method still works but I can upload points without having to do 20+ overrides each time?

[Back to Index]