Password:

Forgot your password?
Smilies window cropped

Smilies window cropped
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

The smilies window which you can pull up when creating a forum post is getting cropped very oddly for me:

There doesn't seem to be any way to drag the window over or anything like that.
Browser: Safari 2.0.4
How old is your safari version. I have the 3.0.2 beta for PC and it works fine for me. From my understanding the version 3 is or very soon sould be availible for Macs if not I would bet there is an update availible for you.

Hmm... reasons to use FireFox, you can resize that window, which would allow you to see the smilies. I find it very odd the Safari doesn't allow you to resize the window. Might just want to skip that update and just upload firefox, might make your life easier.
Quote by Kriknosnah
How old is your safari version.

2.0.4 is the latest version of Safari. There are betas of Safari 3 available, but those won't move to release status until Leopard hits.

Quote by Kriknosnah
Might just want to skip that update and just upload firefox, might make your life easier.

Thanks, I hadn't though of resizing the window. That did the trick. But it shouldn't clip the darn thing in the default view!

FF on OSX is ... wierd. It carries it's own preferences panels instead of respecting the settings in the System Preferences panels. The whole thing just fails to integrate with the OS and feels very foreign. Plus their RSS reader sucks compared to Safari.
That did the trick. But it shouldn't clip the darn thing in the default view!

No, it shouldn't. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'll see what I can uncover.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
FF on OSX is ... wierd. It carries it's own preferences panels instead of respecting the settings in the System Preferences panels. The whole thing just fails to integrate with the OS and feels very foreign. Plus their RSS reader sucks compared to Safari.

One day OSX, Windows, Linux, and IE, Firefox, Safari and a ton of other browsers will all work perfectly and perfectly with each ...................................................

NOT, who am I kinding. We are all just getting screwed over.

Anyway, your problem looks to be another cross browser compatability issue. I'm sure Chops will figure it out.
I did some more playing around. My guess is that Safari is handling some CSS better than FF/IE. On both IE6 and FF on XP, I can resize the Add/Edit Post window, but doing so only creates a horizontal scroll bar. Thus to get to the Smilies button on the formatting toolbar you scroll right. On Safari, resizing the window causes the formatting toolbar to turn into a multi-row toolbar and no horizontal scroll bar appears. So first the Smilies control moves down to the second line, then further resizing moves the Color control to the second line, then the Unordered List control, etc. In the default Safari window, the Smilies control is the first control on the second line, so it gets clipped by the window.

[Back to Index]