Password:

Forgot your password?
CSS help

CSS help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

where do I link to my modded css file in my layout.html. I thought I had it right but not seeing any changes, Im totally new to this so any help is appreciated.
Looking at your code right now, I see the big glaring mistake:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="../My Documents/style.php" type="text/css">

The problem here is that you're linking your CSS file to a location on YOUR hard drive.

Rename the file to have a .css extension, then upload the file to your Administrative File Uploads. finally change the location of that to http://dkpfiles.com/fullcircle/files/mycssfile.css

Make sure to rename mycssfile.css to whatever it is you rename your file to.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

The problem here is that you're linking your CSS file to a location on YOUR hard drive.

Rename the file to have a .css extension, then upload the file to your Administrative File Uploads. finally change the location of that to http://dkpfiles.com/fullcircle/files/mycssfile.css

there is something wrong then, I am uploading the layout.html to the advanced layout section and selecting go live and it is not using my layout file. it looks right when i hit "test it" but when i "go live" it does not apply the changes.

there is something wrong then, I am uploading the layout.html to the advanced layout section and selecting go live and it is not using my layout file. it looks right when i hit "test it" but when i "go live" it does not apply the changes.

Give it a few seconds...sometimes the server takes a while to redeploy the changes.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by knubs
Quote by Chops

odd, if i click go live and click ok to the pop up message. Then click go live again and click ok to the pop up message again, then it takes my layout, odd but working now, thanks
I also have noticed the inconsistany it in "taking your changes".

Still, once you kinda get it, you know what to expect.

Glad you got it worked out.

[Back to Index]