Forgot your password?
What is a guild

What is a guild
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Guild Policies]
Secondary: None

Hello guys,

This is probably a quite wird topic considering that I as many of you are allready running a guild.

What I would like to hear from you guys is what in your mind describes a guild.

I am running an end game guild and for some reason this causes the fact that many things happening within the guild has something to do with improving raiding members. This is af cause a natrual things since this will help our guild in progress.

What I am interested in is how to keep an end game guild as a guild - where everything doesn't have to be about hard work and grinding?

what do you guys do in order to make a guild social and nice to be in ?

This might be a total wird question but what better place is there to ask a question like this

Looking forward to see what you say!
A very good question.

Myself and some close friends run a community called “The Pandion Knights” and we have run this now for over 7 years. Our community has tried a wide variety of games and to this day we still have a good mix with World of Warcraft and Battlefield series being our main ones.

In terms of just World of Warcraft you have to break things down a little so here is what we did:

Objective

What is your main overall objective? If it is to raid and progress then you will have to grind and find like minded people doing the same. You will need at least 30 very active people and a good mix of classes. You will also need to bear in mind that this may attract the “Loot Whore” or “Epic Hunter” type of person who is very good at their game however does not really have any loyalty. If they get a better offer they are gone.

We started off all about progression but because of the type of people we were we simply got bored of the daily grind and the fact people joined us just for the loot and not the people so we changed our objectives to about having fun, meeting people and progressing with no pressure. As a result the people who apply to join now tend to be the more mature family / work people who show a great deal of dedication and loyalty. They are also more than willing to chip in and help.

Size of Your Guild

The biggest mistake we made once was to not limit our size. We wanted to be huge and run 2 x 40 man runs without problems. Unfortunately that meant anyone joined and there was a lot of personal differences. At the same time if a run did not go ahead you had a lot of people miffed that they did not go on a run.

We now struggle to field a 25 man sometimes but are we bothered? Well not that much because we play the game for fun, friends and not digital loot.

Running the Guild

In order to ensure a guild lasts a long time you need to make sure the GL does not get burnt out doing all the work. Make sure you have a team of Officers helping you out and sharing the work load. We have Class Leaders who run multiple classes simply because they are the best people for the job. As a GL I only have to step in for any serious changes which means I can play and have fun too as well as developing the community further.

Keep em Coming Back for More!

The secret to longetivity in my eyes to make sure people are happy and listen to what they want. Have a good website (like dkpsystem.com) which is constantly updated. Make sure there are fun things going on as well as raids. If a raid happens post news on it even if you didn’t kill a boss. People will only keep looking at a site if there is a constant change in news.

Conclusion

Above all its about having fun. In WOW our guild has been going since the beta and whilst people have come and gone the guild as it is at the moment has the majority of people in it who were there at the beta. The only people who tend to come and go are those who perhaps want more from the game rather than the community.

There is nothing wrong with the “Hardcore” raiding guilds and I have a lot of respect for them but from what I can see they disband and reform too often to be stable.

Hope that helps
what do you guys do in order to make a guild social and nice to be in ?

While were not an RP guild we do things that people might consider RP like as they have a more social atmosphere to them.

Duel Tournaments

Zone Wipes (we might have lower level members struggling to get stuff done in a certain zone and we take the raiding grinding folks and go create a bunch of 5 mans and go trash an entire zone with the idea being Kill Everything, Gather Everything, and hopefully in the process we all have fun and the lowbie gets their quests done)

Fishing Outings

In general on days we don't raid we try to be as casual and social as possible and help others with things or just go do stupid crazy stress reliving things. I took my 70 Lock the Catherdral in Scarlet Monastery for example with 1 tank and 3 healers. We ran in and pulled the whole event in the Cathedral. There is like 40 mobs when you do that. I just tabbed around dropping seeds of corruption and we all laughed when everything kind of died at in 1 or 2 shots.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Naked Orc races to TM are fun or if ally nakey gnomes!

Scavenger hunts also

[Back to Index]