Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Please move [Edit] button into its own box to the right of [Reply] Box.

[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

On a few occasions due to misclicking or being in a hurry, I have clicked the wrong space and deleted someone's post. Can you move it into its own box?
There is a popup that says "Are you sure you want to delete this post?"

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

Edit. Not delete. When I said I have deleted someones post, I mean that due to hitting the edit button by mistake (which is right next to reply if your an officer) and I type out my reply, I delete their post because I overwrite it. I tend to not like to quote what people said, as its typically obvious, so I ctrl-a to remove it. I know it sounds like a nub issue, but the "edit someone else's post" is a new feature, perhaps I need glasses =P
I see. I misread that.

Well, forum customization is coming, so when that happens, you can move it around all you'd like. For now, I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with it

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Jayman
Quote by Chops

Edit. Not delete. When I said I have deleted someones post, I mean that due to hitting the edit button by mistake (which is right next to reply if your an officer) and I type out my reply, I delete their post because I overwrite it.

You don't need glasses. I accidentally knocked out someone's post last week. Same thing happened. Oops.
Quote by motlycys
Quote by Jayman
Quote by Chops

Edit. Not delete. When I said I have deleted someones post, I mean that due to hitting the edit button by mistake (which is right next to reply if your an officer) and I type out my reply, I delete their post because I overwrite it.

You don't need glasses. I accidentally knocked out someone's post last week. Same thing happened. Oops.

There is another solution to this. Create an account on your site called Admin. Alter your ranks so that Admin is the highest Rank on your site. For the Guild Master rank make it one lower as well as your officers and members. Then just give the other ranks ONLY the permissions they need. Only log in as admin when you need to make these kind of changes. Not using account that always has moderation and full access will move the button out of site until Chops gets forum customization implemented.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Chops
I see. I misread that.

Well, forum customization is coming, so when that happens, you can move it around all you'd like. For now, I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with it

Maybe you need to put up a warning that ask's if they are really sure they want to "edit" the post. That would draw attention to what they clicked.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]