Password:

Forgot your password?
Clock

Clock
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Not sure if I am missing this option anywhere but if not is there a way of having a site clock.

We are based in the UK yet have members from up to GMT+2. So stating a raid starts in 2 hours could be misleading. By saying it starts in 2 hours and the current time is 6:00pm for example would make it clear to those reading about when it does actually start.
A raid stars in two hours regardless of which timezone you are in, no?

I can see how a clock would be useful, but I'm not sure how saying something happens in 2 hours can be misleading.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
A raid stars in two hours regardless of which timezone you are in, no?

I can see how a clock would be useful, but I'm not sure how saying something happens in 2 hours can be misleading.

Here is an example of confusion. On our site I have it set to Central Time because our server is in Central Time. I am in Mountain time. Currently our server says Khara will start in 8 hours and 20 minutes. When you view the Calendar the Schedule says 8pm. The problem is that people expect the WEB Session to time relative to their local time. yes the raid will start in 8 hours and 20 minutes. but it will be 7pm Mountain time US not 8pm. It is a matter of people not doing the math of the time zone they are in versus the time zone the server is in/configured for.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Correct it is basically down to people not doing the maths across time zones so perhaps a clock would be a small usefull feature on that.

On a slight side note however. I have set the web server time in the admin panel to be GMT+0 (This may change to +1). Now this is fine when I login as it shows the next raid been at 7:30pm tomorrow however soon as I log out it reverts to 1:30pm (GMT-6).

Does not setting ther server time in admin panel override the times even for guests so it should still be GMT+0?
So my suggestion would be this. You should always set your server in the Admin Section to the timezone of the server you play on.

It would then probably be helpful to have just some simple clock on the website that would display the same time as the server. I think anyone smart enough then could simply look at their PC Clock and easily see the time difference.

You might even be able to find a java clock to do this on your own without Chops building this into the site.

--
Good idea.

However i have the problem as stated above where I set the server time to GMT+1 but when I log out as Aldor it is GMT-6. When I log in it then loads my personal time settings.
Ok so now I'm an idiot. Disregard half of what I said because the basic issue that yes I can confirm that you can not change your Sites Time Zone from GMT -6. This means that scheduling for everyone is probably appearing in Central US time.

It has been so long since I looked at the Account Profile screen that I did not realize Chops had finally added a personal time zone setting There. I can validate however that since my server is in Central Time that the settings all serve the purpose intended and thus a clock probably really isn't needed. Once I set my time zone to GMT -7 it correctly shows that the raid will start at 7pm local time to me.

This will be really helpful since we have a guild member that do to her schedule is on a US Server but lives in Australia.

--
Sory, you SHOULD be able to change your site's time zone (and you can now that I fixed the bug about 10 minutes ago).

You can ALSO set your own personal time zone (this was added yesterday, actually).

--
Awesome mate thanks,

Love the idea of having your own time as well.

By the way let me know when you get FPS and LOTR versions of this site going as well as I will be buying them too - guess ya going to cost me
LOTRO is ready. The FPS Stuff is significantly more complicated of a modification, but it's on the way.

--
[QUOTE=Chops]LOTRO is ready.[QUOTE]

Ready as in can buy now?

Thats quick man.

mmm paypal going to love me again
Ready as in can buy now?

Yep.

--

[Back to Index]