Password:

Forgot your password?
The Picture Gallery

The Picture Gallery
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I really like this! We have just started using it, and everyone is happy with it... except... I can't seem to find where to make it so that only members can view it.

I found where you can say who can post and who can delete/edit.

Can you please tell me where I set the permission on who can view the photos?
I asked this same thing a few weeks ago...

My post

--

The Arcanum
Quote by drdiesel

My post

There is something you can do if you are using an advanced layout.
Drop this around your call for the main menu.
<!-- System:IfRank:XXX --><!-- System:Menu:Menu --><!-- System:EndRank -->
The XXX should be replaced by the numeric value of the lowest rank on your site.

Or you could pull the Gallery link from the Main Menu under Admin > Menus >Basic Menu Administration and Uncheck the Picture Gallery. Currently I'm at work and somehow they kill my ability to DL my layout file code.

In your layout.html file create a menu for the picture gallery. If you have implemented the Last 10 Items feature from the DKP System just use a similar code structure. Then again using the IfRank tags above you can enclose the menu in those tags.

What will either of these options do?
The first option will make the Main Menu of your site invisible to non member since the IfRank tag means that you must be a member of the website to see it. The second option will put just the picture gallery in a separate menu and make that menu visible only if you are member of the site.

What neither of these options will do?
Neither of these will completely hide your picture gallery. They simply make the link to it not visible to outsiders with no account on your site. If the people know that the gallery is located at url/xyz.php then they can still browse directly to it.

When I get home I can post a simple version of a menu inside the HTML layout to make a holder for the Gallery link if one of the more code savvy folks don't beat me to it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by drdiesel

My post

There is something you can do if you are using an advanced layout.
Drop this around your call for the main menu.
<!-- System:IfRank:XXX --><!-- System:Menu:Menu --><!-- System:EndRank -->
The XXX should be replaced by the numeric value of the lowest rank on your site.

Or you could pull the Gallery link from the Main Menu under Admin > Menus >Basic Menu Administration and Uncheck the Picture Gallery. Currently I'm at work and somehow they kill my ability to DL my layout file code.

In your layout.html file create a menu for the picture gallery. If you have implemented the Last 10 Items feature from the DKP System just use a similar code structure. Then again using the IfRank tags above you can enclose the menu in those tags.

What will either of these options do?
The first option will make the Main Menu of your site invisible to non member since the IfRank tag means that you must be a member of the website to see it. The second option will put just the picture gallery in a separate menu and make that menu visible only if you are member of the site.

What neither of these options will do?
Neither of these will completely hide your picture gallery. They simply make the link to it not visible to outsiders with no account on your site. If the people know that the gallery is located at url/xyz.php then they can still browse directly to it.

When I get home I can post a simple version of a menu inside the HTML layout to make a holder for the Gallery link if one of the more code savvy folks don't beat me to it.

Thanks! i will gladly await your arriving home! wear a seatbelt! whoa... where did my dad come from?
Hmm ok so what I was initially thinking can't quite be done but here is an even easier way to do it.

If you use a custom layout you would need to include the tag <!--System:Menu:Picture Gallery --> in your code. If not when you create this menu it will appear normally.

Make a Static Menu called Picture Gallery.
Admin > Menus > Static Menu Items and Content
Menu Category = Picture Gallery
Link label = Picture Gallery
Minimum Rank to view = <select the name of your lowest rank>
Is this just a link to another page? = Checked
If this is a link or a frame, enter the URL: = gallery.php

--
Quote by Saudorun
Hmm ok so what I was initially thinking can't quite be done but here is an even easier way to do it.

If you use a custom layout you would need to include the tag <!--System:Menu icture Gallery --> in your code. If not when you create this menu it will appear normally.

Make a Static Menu called Picture Gallery.
Admin > Menus > Static Menu Items and Content
Menu Category = Picture Gallery
Link label = Picture Gallery
Minimum Rank to view = <select the name of your lowest rank>
Is this just a link to another page? = Checked
If this is a link or a frame, enter the URL: = gallery.php

like a freakin charm, it worked. thanks, bro - i really appreciate it!

Saudorun is thoroughly the man

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

I must concur... indeed, he might even move up to demi-god status if only he had an incredible avatar like some people. Might I suggest something from "Big Trouble in Little China"?

=)
Quote by Nemes
Quote by Chops

I must concur... indeed, he might even move up to demi-god status if only he had an incredible avatar like some people. Might I suggest something from "Big Trouble in Little China"?

=)

Oh Noes it can't be

--

Oh Noes it can't be

You never could beat me, Egg Shen.

On my first warlock, I actually had that drop for me from some random mob in Feralas, and I hadn't known of that item before that.

I was floored with awesomeness.

So far, I've seen 3 BTILC references in WoW:

1) The Six Demon Bag
2) (I don't know if this made it into the live version), and early version of Karazhan, had a room that was underwater with chains and zombie corpses hanging called the "Upside Down Sinners"
3) The Robot boss in Mechanar says "Gimme your best shot! I can take it!" (From the closing monologue by Jack Burton).

These are the 3 I've seen/noticed.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
[QUOTE=Chops]

2) (I don't know if this made it into the live version), and early version of Karazhan, had a room that was underwater with chains and zombie corpses hanging called the "Upside Down Sinners"

It's still there but i don't know if it's accesible it's not in Karazhan itself but in the crypt that starts at the Graveyard next to karazhan. u could enter it already way before The Burning Crusade came out by pulling a mob to that gate and let yourself die and then rez on the other side (ghosts can walk through gates) it was in design state (Doors that could open by clicking had names like door_cellar_ba_001 or something instead of some ingame name. and yes there was the scary room with upside down corpses. don't know if it has anything to do with the events that happened in the tower itself. (Exploring ftw)

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
On my first warlock, I actually had that drop for me from some random mob in Feralas, and I hadn't known of that item before that.

The Irony of it all. I had this drop for my lock in Burning Steppes

--
Quote by Saudorun

The Irony of it all. I had this drop for my lock in Burning Steppes

**cry** this is the best thread ever!
Totally forgot about the WoW references until ya mentioned them. And it is great to see Saudorun achieve demi-god status!

[Back to Index]