Password:

Forgot your password?
New Officer

New Officer
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

We recently promoted someone to officer and he is telling me he can't see any applications. His account has the appropriate security setting, and none of the other officers have had trouble reviewing apps. Any thoughts?

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Quote by Nitesbane
We recently promoted someone to officer and he is telling me he can't see any applications. His account has the appropriate security setting, and none of the other officers have had trouble reviewing apps. Any thoughts?

He will have to log out and log back in if he hasn't already. The changes won't happen until you log out and in.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun

He will have to log out and log back in if he hasn't already. The changes won't happen until you log out and in.

This was his response

Quote by Kilaelr

Under the application settings area of the admin link there is an option to make applications non-private. When I set it to this i was able to view all submitted apps. Setting it back to private made them disappear again.

I am not sure how the system is set up exactly but I am guessing that when they are private only accounts with the right permissions get added to the group for the thread. It looks like all the current applications were put in before my account was updated so I am guessing that I'll be able to see any new ones that are submitted.

--

I am not sure how the system is set up exactly but I am guessing that when they are private only accounts with the right permissions get added to the group for the thread. It looks like all the current applications were put in before my account was updated so I am guessing that I'll be able to see any new ones that are submitted.

Bingo!

Applications, when set to "Private mode" will retain the information of "Who has access to this application when it was created." The point of this is to provide the option that no one can ever see their own application.

With it set to "private" however, they will have access to all future apps.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Bingo!

Applications, when set to "Private mode" will retain the information of "Who has access to this application when it was created." The point of this is to provide the option that no one can ever see their own application.

With it set to "private" however, they will have access to all future apps.

Thanks for the clarification.

--

[Back to Index]