Password:

Forgot your password?
EditThread/PageDesc Problem

EditThread/PageDesc Problem
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Alright, I found the FAQ on why my 'edit thread' doesn't show up (im using a custom layout) and the fix it explains is very limited. It doesn't specify where (what file or where in the file) to place the <!--System ageDesc--> nor does it seem to be working any of the many ways i've attempted to get it working.

Anyone experienced this problem or know how to fix it?
It's going to want the PageDesc anywhere, as long as it's on the layout.html file. The System:PageDesc command will only work in the layout.html file.

Here's where it is on the DKPSystem.com:

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
It's going to want the PageDesc anywhere, as long as it's on the layout.html file. The System ageDesc command will only work in the layout.html file.

I have the SystemPageDesc in the layout.html, and I am not seeing the edit option showing up yet. I guess what I am asking is what code do i put where aside from the pagedesc to get that to show up? I've done the other mentioned parts.
Quote by zagam
Quote by Chops
It's going to want the PageDesc anywhere, as long as it's on the layout.html file. The System ageDesc command will only work in the layout.html file.

I have the SystemPageDesc in the layout.html, and I am not seeing the edit option showing up yet. I guess what I am asking is what code do i put where aside from the pagedesc to get that to show up? I've done the other mentioned parts.

Found out why it wasn't working, fixed. thx.

Found out why it wasn't working, fixed. thx.

Another thing you're going to want to do is put something like

<div id=pagetitle><!--System:Title--></div>

Somewhere. The div is important (or at least having an element named "id=pagetitle"). This is what changes when "Edit Thread Subject" is clicked.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]