Password:

Forgot your password?
Member managaement

Member managaement
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

I'm finding that with a guild over 400+ and seems like new members weekly..

I am at whits end to manage new members..

even though the steps are spelled out in a sticky posting... and in a guide.. some people still can't figure out how to ask for self rank changes..

I have many that are still at non-members, but have validated their e-mails and ?? I think have their applications approved (is this identified on the member screen?? )

it would be nice if we could filter the member listing page by membership type... if nothing else..

another option that would be helpful is maybe a check box of multiple members so that we can mass set people from non-member to member...

Also a nice feature might be a way to filter out members who's accounts have been deactivated but not deleted..

just some thoughts.. thanks chops for the great work

--
Louis T.

The Spreading Taint - WoW Group Admin
Rough Trade - Assistant Admin
follow up idea to this...

it could be nice if we could auto set a rank to approved applications..

this way when an officer approves the application.. it auto promotes them to a desired rank...

in our sites' case.. that means they get to see almost 60% more of the site when higher than non-member

--
Louis T.

This is off-topic, but I'm just curious what advantage there is in have, say, over 100 members in a guild?

Tyss, Fate, Hellscream

--
Don't click Ready if you aren't buffed
Quote by SkorMT
I have many that are still at non-members, but have validated their e-mails and ?? I think have their applications approved (is this identified on the member screen?? )

Applications are not tied to accounts in any way. Approving an app therefore does nothing for account promotion. The easiest way currently to manage account permissions is with the step after the Roster Uploader that asks "Would you like to Synchronize Accounts with Characters".

it would be nice if we could filter the member listing page by membership type... if nothing else..

What do you mean by "Membership Type." Do you mean "Rank?" You can sort on Rank on the Admin Character page.

Also a nice feature might be a way to filter out members who's accounts have been deactivated but not deleted..

Implementing a filter mechanism on the Character admin page is indeed a good idea.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Quote by SkorMT

What do you mean by "Membership Type." Do you mean "Rank?" You can sort on Rank on the Admin Character page.

He probably means the Website Accounts page. I know I really wish there was a way for me to quickly and easily identify new signups to the site so I can get them validated and ranked appropriately.

He probably means the Website Accounts page. I know I really wish there was a way for me to quickly and easily identify new signups to the site so I can get them validated and ranked appropriately.

You can always force authorization to create an account. That will give you notifications about all signups then.

--
Quote by Chops

You can always force authorization to create an account. That will give you notifications about all signups then.

But you know it would be kind of nice if the list didn't always order Alphabetically. It would be very handy to be able to sort by last access, validated, or disabled.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Chops

I would imagine that would also open it to spammers.
I would imagine that would also open it to spammers.

Actually, that'd do better to avoid spammers. If they make an account but can't post until you authorize it, that's a good anti-spam policy.

--

sorry for the delay

I was talking about rank.. more on the idea that I could filter it down much like we can on the forums so when I am doing "house keeping" I don't have to scroll through 300+ names to get to the ones I'm really wanting to hit up

thanks for the idea about forcing account approval, think we'll give that a try too

--
Louis T.

Quote by Tyss
This is off-topic, but I'm just curious what advantage there is in have, say, over 100 members in a guild?

Tyss, Fate, Hellscream

I wouldn't say there's any advantage.. if anything quiet the opposite... but being a primarily socially focused guild with an intermix of some raiders... it seems to keep most of the player base happy as we have our raider side.. and yet we have plenty of social people as well

--
Louis T.

[Back to Index]