Forgot your password?
Calling for Drop-In Templates

Calling for Drop-In Templates
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 >>>
The Advanced Layout Stuff uses HTML and CSS (with some custom commands exclusive to this system).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
getting closer yet are we?
I realize this has taken a ton longer than expected, but I just wanted to let you know that this is a priority and is still being worked on, and I'm taking great pains to make sure that when this is done it's done right the first time. Supporting Backwards compatibility is never fun.

No ETA yet.

--
Supporting Backwards compatibility is never fun.

What about having a switch? Flip it one way and you use the old style interpreter. Flip it the other way and you use the new style interpreter.

I'd have no problem with rewriting it from scratch in the new system while leaving my site on the old interpreter while I redo the site.
What about having a switch? Flip it one way and you use the old style interpreter. Flip it the other way and you use the new style interpreter.

I'd have no problem with rewriting it from scratch in the new system while leaving my site on the old interpreter while I redo the site.

It's not the interpreter, it's the architecture stuff. My problem isn't that I'm writing it for backwards compatibility, I'm writing it so that I don't have to rewrite it later and then have to support backwards compatibility.

Ultimately, I'm just writing it to be "correct."

--
Ooooh. Yea ok. Carry on then
Quote by Chops
I'm looking to add a "Community-Made Templates" with an auto-templating system to integrate some Advanced Layout Options directly into the system.

What I need (and I'll be making plenty of my own) are some complete templates from you guys, if you want. If you've created your site with Advanced Layout Options, and wish to submit yours, simply zip up all the pertinent files, and then I'll look through your code and tweak as necessary.

Submitting a quality template (as long as I decide it's "good enough") will get you a number of things for you and your guild:

1) A free one month extension to the DKPSystem.com guild site of your choosing (probably be your OWN guild's site)
2) A free DKPSystem.com shirt for you (when/if I get around to making them).
3) Public Recognition with links both to your guild's site and a homepage of your choosing (if you happen to have a homepage or something with your resume or examples of other work, for example)
4) My love for all eternity.
5) I'm still debating this, but I was thinking something along the lines of perhaps a raffle for Template submissions to give some kind of prize for being "Chops' Favorite Template" (like a hot new video card or something, or maybe an OpenBSD boot diskette*) No promises on this one, but I'm definitely giving it some serious thought)

So, if any of you are up to making some hot templates for other guilds to benefit from, please either mail submissions zipped to sigmastar@gmail.com, post them as attachments to this thread, or post them as an attachment to a private thread to me.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing some of your hot submissions.

* Just kidding about the OpenBSD Boot Diskette.

Here's The Night Crew's layout file. Tell us what you think
Templates Deployed.

Check out Admin > Drop-In Templates

Starting with 4 templates to choose from.

--
Quote by Chops
Templates Deployed.

Check out Admin > Drop-In Templates

Starting with 4 templates to choose from.

Wow you weren't kidding when you said you were giving DKPSystem's home page a whole new look. I think it got a little attitude also.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
ooo funky, i decided to see what it would look like on if i tried one, now it kinda killed my site and i have no idea how to get it back to normal, no undo/revert button
Quote by Spuds
ooo funky, i decided to see what it would look like on if i tried one, now it kinda killed my site and i have no idea how to get it back to normal, no undo/revert button

Sure there is. At the top of the "Drop In Template" page, the first section is reverting back.

If you were using an advanced layout before, then you can just download the old one from the "Advanced Layout Options" page and redeploy it.

--
This is what I mean about reverting to an old Advanced Layout (if that's how you were doing it).

Just make sure you download the layout file that you were using last (you might need to download a few and look at the code to be sure), but the complete history of what you we've uploaded is DEFINITELY in there (assuming it wasn't deployed before something like November of Last year).

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Spuds

Sure there is. At the top of the "Drop In Template" page, the first section is reverting back.

If you were using an advanced layout before, then you can just download the old one from the "Advanced Layout Options" page and redeploy it.

ok i feel silly, i forgot i saw that bit, i tried it out before posting but i still had trouble getting it back to the old way, to be honest i got my out layout by accident, i messed around with another sites layout files, uploaded it and it seemed to work, i was way out of my skill range, but it seemed to work. till now ive been to scared to mess around to much in case my random fiddling doesn’t get the same results

Edit: thanks for the info, ill give it a shot, dont think i can do any more damage than i already have

Edit 2: ok that wasnt so hard, i managed to get my site back to the state it was in before, thanks for the help will teach me not to play around with things im not experienced with
ok so i thought i had got it all back to normal but then i noticed two of my pages are having issues with bbcode links

http://bweg.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=84
http://bweg.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=59

if i have link such as [url=http://google.com]Google[/url ] it links to http://bweg.dkpsystem.com/google.com instead

any idea what could be causing this? and sorry its a bit off topic
Fixed. Sorry about that.

--
Quote by Chops
Fixed. Sorry about that.

I think a preview option is needed. Seems some people might be making the change before the know what it would look like on their site and then have problems reverting back.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Chops it rocks man

and many many thanks to put the aszune site in the featured guild sites!!

/target chops
/respect
/emote says chops ftw

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
Quote by Saudorun
I think a preview option is needed. Seems some people might be making the change before the know what it would look like on their site and then have problems reverting back.

I second this suggestion if it's in any way possible. I implemented the WorldOfWarcraft.com template, and my 2-month calendar view made the box on the top right HUGE and silly looking.

As an aside, the thing that undoes the template doesn't remove the background image properly.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
I love it. Thanks for implementing these. I noticed that the main page doesn't default to autofit to browser. I can go to forums or any other page and it autofits to browser. but, the main page for our site doesn't.

Take care

--
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!
I still only see 4 templates that can be used for the site...

Is ther another place where they can be downloaded from?

Scott

"A Smart Man Does Not Need To Know All The Answers,
But He Should Know Where To Find Them!"

<<< 1 2 3 >>>
[Back to Index]