Password:

Forgot your password?
Private posts?

Private posts?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

So is there a way to create a private thread with someone if they haven't posted on the forums previously? There are several people in my guild who are "lurkers" on our threads and never say anything. I'd like to send a few of them a private message, but I can't find anywhere to do so if they haven't posted before. Would be great if you could PM them from the Roster or some other central repository for the accounts we have.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Quote by Nitesbane
So is there a way to create a private thread with someone if they haven't posted on the forums previously? There are several people in my guild who are "lurkers" on our threads and never say anything. I'd like to send a few of them a private message, but I can't find anywhere to do so if they haven't posted before. Would be great if you could PM them from the Roster or some other central repository for the accounts we have.

They have to have accounts on the system. If they do then you just click the option when making a post to make a thread private. Then on the selection screen just choose the lowest rank on your site and leave it defaulted to all higher ranks also. Find them in the list and select them. The problem with this is they won't show up if they don't have an account.

So if your intent is to get their attention because all they are doing is lurking and they can read most things without making an account and you want to get them to start using the site. Edit your site or have your web master edit it such that all most all thread tags become non public and thus require and account on the site with a minimum rank level.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
If they do then you just click the option when making a post to make a thread private. Then on the selection screen just choose the lowest rank on your site and leave it defaulted to all higher ranks also. Find them in the list and select them.

The problem I have with doing it this way is that it takes FOREVER to "process" actions like this. Even if I only select one person in the thread, it takes up to 2 minutes to go through. If I click the icon for a private post next to someone's name on an existing thread, there is barely even 1 second delay. I wanted to send about 10 private messages to various people for an upcoming event, but I think in the interest of time I'll just use email.

--
Quote by Nitesbane
Quote by Saudorun
If they do then you just click the option when making a post to make a thread private. Then on the selection screen just choose the lowest rank on your site and leave it defaulted to all higher ranks also. Find them in the list and select them.

The problem I have with doing it this way is that it takes FOREVER to "process" actions like this. Even if I only select one person in the thread, it takes up to 2 minutes to go through. If I click the icon for a private post next to someone's name on an existing thread, there is barely even 1 second delay. I wanted to send about 10 private messages to various people for an upcoming event, but I think in the interest of time I'll just use email.

That is a bug that I think Chops is still researching. If you simply hit OK again it pops right to the edit thread window with the people you need to see. Don't worry about the PROCESSING message. Just hit ok and ignore it.

--
That is a bug that I think Chops is still researching. If you simply hit OK again it pops right to the edit thread window with the people you need to see. Don't worry about the PROCESSING message. Just hit ok and ignore it.

The thing is that I'm still not able to reproduce it at ALL. I can't get it to hang on me, no idea why. It's thoroughly frustrating.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

The thing is that I'm still not able to reproduce it at ALL. I can't get it to hang on me, no idea why. It's thoroughly frustrating.

It happens to me all the time. I can't not reproduce it lol.

--
Quote by Saudorun
If you simply hit OK again it pops right to the edit thread window with the people you need to see. Don't worry about the PROCESSING message. Just hit ok and ignore it.

Well that makes life a lot easier, I'll keep that in mind for the future. Cheers!

--

[Back to Index]