Password:

Forgot your password?
Custom Domain Names

Custom Domain Names
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I use GoDaddy as a registrar as as most regusters, GoDaddy required 2 DNS servers to point a domain to. I can use an IP address as you have listed (64.182.103.44) as DNS server, but it requires two.

What do you suggest since I can't seem to find anywhere that GoDaddy lets you directly edit the A Record. Or should I be using "DNS Made Easy" to handle that for me?

Additionally, is it possibly to use your system with my own hosting? I think I remember reading somewhere where that wasn't an option.

--

The Arcanum
You don't want to set the DNS servers to my IP. You definitely want to use GoDaddy's DNS servers.

On GoDaddy, you'll want to find the option for "Total DNS Control and MX Records"

Just make sure to use the IP 64.182.103.44 and not the one in the screenshot.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
wow im glad to see someone else is having the same problem

Does it take a long time? Does something need to be done on your end? Thanks, Toga

--
Does it take a long time? Does something need to be done on your end? Thanks, Toga

You're all set up properly. When I go to avalonwow.com it works perfectly for me. The thing with changing DNS settings is that it can take a while for the new DNS settings to propogate to all the other DNS servers, so if your site isn't working yet with avalonwow.com, give it some time, and it will eventually.

In your case, you'll see that your TTL (time to live) is 3600, which is 1 hour (60mins x 60secs), meaning that it can take up to an hour for your settings to take effect.

--
Thats what I figured. I wiki'd TTL.. Time to live? I love those early internet names. Thanks again.

--
Once I have it setup on my DKPSystems end as well will the current http://thearcanum.dkpsystem.com still always work as well as my new domain name?

--

The Arcanum
Quote by drdiesel
Once I have it setup on my DKPSystems end as well will the current http://thearcanum.dkpsystem.com still always work as well as my new domain name?

yep.

--
Works like a charm, thanks Chops!

--

The Arcanum
Quote by drdiesel
Works like a charm, thanks Chops!

Sweet Deal!

--

[Back to Index]