Password:

Forgot your password?
Rank question

Rank question
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi Chops, I have another question for you.

We have people that sign up and create their characters. They then request to be the rank of Member, a rank that we have for our standard members. Once we approve it,it now shows their Website account as a Member. However, on some people their characters are still showing up as New Signup, which is our rank for new people. I was under the assumption that their characters and their website account would be linked as far as rank goes. Or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks ahead of time.
Hi Chops, I have another question for you.

We have people that sign up and create their characters. They then request to be the rank of Member, a rank that we have for our standard members. Once we approve it,it now shows their Website account as a Member. However, on some people their characters are still showing up as New Signup, which is our rank for new people. I was under the assumption that their characters and their website account would be linked as far as rank goes. Or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks ahead of time.

Character and Account Rank are entirely separate.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
How do they request a character rank then?
How do they request a character rank then?

Not really a mechanism that I have seen to allow the Rank Request Updated for a Character.

I do believe if I recall correctly that if a character is correctly linked to an account and is set as MAIN then when you change the rank of the account it should affect that character. I would checkt the ones that didn't and make sure they are marked as Mains. If that isn't happening or my understanding of the mechanics is wrong then you need chops to way in.

Also a key thing to remeber is that Character Rank on the Site has no bearing on what the user can do. This is why they are separate. The account Rank decides the sites privileges. Take me for example. I am the Site Admin and thus that is my Rank on the site...In privilege level above my GM. But in the guild I am just an Officer and thus my character is marked that way.

There is another way to periodically fix the Rank listing player. Use GRSS and do a Guild Upload. This will update you entire guild roster on the site. Beware though as it might ask to create players that don't exist.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I just added a new option to the rank approval page:

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The real reason I was wanting to know this is b/c on the DKP page people are listed as new members instead of members. Also people arent showing up on the Roster page b/c their character is listed as 'New Member' and their account is listed as 'Member'.
I just added a new option to the rank approval page:

Thanks Chops, that works great. Btw, we all love this new site.

Thanks Chops, that works great. Btw, we all love this new site.

Awesome! Glad you guys are diggin' it!

--
Is there a way when you increase the rank, without a request, that it also update there security rank as well?

--
Is there a way when you increase the rank, without a request, that it also update there security rank as well?

Yep. Admin > Website Accounts

--

[Back to Index]