GRSS -> 2.01 Bug when looting gold.

GRSS -> 2.01 Bug when looting gold.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
For some reason when looting gold in WoW 2.01 (MC) GRSS throws an error:

GRSS has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI.
Is it GRSS throwing an error, or GuildBank?

--
It's all in the reflexes.

Err. Honestly I don't remember that well at this point (it was a bad bad run). I want to say GRSS. I knew I should have taken a screenshot instead of trying to just remember it until after the raid. Also seemed to only happen while loot was on Master Loot.

Err. Honestly I don't remember that well at this point (it was a bad bad run). I want to say GRSS. I knew I should have taken a screenshot instead of trying to just remember it until after the raid. Also seemed to only happen while loot was on Master Loot.

I've actually got some time now, I'll see what I can figure out.

--
I wasn't able to reproduce it. The event for gold-looting doesn't trigger in GRSS, only in GuildBank, though I wasn't able to throw an error.

If you can get a screeny of this next time, I would hugely appreciate it

--
I have the same problem. Occasionally while looting money it will pop up the GRSS has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI.

I dont have guildbank installed yet.
If you could get a screenshot of this posted, I would be eternally grateful.

--
Well I was in several groups today, and it never happened once. Only thing that may have been different, was that master looter was turned on the other nite when the error occured. Will make sure to get a shot if I happen to see it again.
Ack! I got the error in ZG on a berzerker (sp?) tonight and didn't get a screenshot. Someone pulled the dang priests and I clicked through the error (while looting only cash and of course not on ML) and then realized what error it was. But it seems everyone got the cash and the error didn't actually block anything. I will watch for it and take a screenshot if I see it again!

Sry....

~Lina
Ok...here is a screenshot of the error I had while all alone. There was only silver to loot off the bear, so the loot box is gone now - the error popped as soon as I clicked the cash. I chose to ignore it and did not have any further problems. It did happen earlier in the day while in ZG but it said the error was with Titan, not GRSS. Same error however and while looting something. At that time, I chose disable and it did an automatic reload on me.

So, we don't have to be in a raid or on master loot, and it happens with more than GRSS. Fun!

Hope this helps! (Changed to a .jpg to edit out my conversation only.)

~Lina
Ok...here is a screenshot of the error I had while all alone. There was only silver to loot off the bear, so the loot box is gone now - the error popped as soon as I clicked the cash. I chose to ignore it and did not have any further problems. It did happen earlier in the day while in ZG but it said the error was with Titan, not GRSS. Same error however and while looting something. At that time, I chose disable and it did an automatic reload on me.

So, we don't have to be in a raid or on master loot, and it happens with more than GRSS. Fun!

Hope this helps! (Changed to a .jpg to edit out my conversation only.)

~Lina

This error does happen a lot with mods. As a Warlock I can not Dismiss my pet or Duel without 6 of the mods I use causing this error. Blizzard has released an issue with the implementation of the some of the secure frames. There is supposed to be a patch coming soon to fix that. Not if that is the problem here or not. I don't know what secure Blizzard function Chops would be using or hooking.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I'd like to add in case I missed it but the error only happens when money is the ONLY thing on the corpse.

if an item is the only thing the error does not happen.

--

How odd. I wish that it gave a LINE NUMBER in the code. This isn't going to be an easy bug to track down.

--

How odd. I wish that it gave a LINE NUMBER in the code. This isn't going to be an easy bug to track down.

I'll review your code and see if I can see anything that jumps out at me.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

Yea, I use Improved Error Frame to catch some of them things. This little glitch wont show up on there though. Anyone know of a similiar mod that will show detailed tips of errors?

It doesnt give a line number, it tells me that your mod has tried to perform an illegal action. I didn't think i was in combat... but who knows. It shouldnt be trying to pop something up, cause it's not when you are looting an item.

Weird that it only happens when you loot the money from a mob with only money. If you dont loot the money it wont error. I would have thought your mod wouldnt be doing ANYTHING if you only looted money.

--
I would have thought your mod wouldnt be doing ANYTHING if you only looted money.

Precisely. It's not supposed to do anything when looting money. GuildBank tracks money being looted, but not the GRSS.

This is the mystery.

I'll have to experiment more, but I wasn't able to reproduce it in about 15 minutes of farming.

--
Well, a guildy got the same error last night when trying to DE an item. She is my back-up for snapshots and she can't remember now if it was GRSS that was blocked or a different add-on, but it had nothing to do with looting cash. She was in the middle of IF, clicked DE and it errored before the DE started. She clicked disable, it reloaded and she could then DE the item. She will watch for it again and try to give more specific details.

So this piece of the puzzle is just another piece of sky...and it's not even an edge piece.
puzzle is just another piece of sky...and it's not even an edge piece

And Xylina wins the "Metaphor of the Day" award

--
puzzle is just another piece of sky...and it's not even an edge piece

And Xylina wins the "Metaphor of the Day" award

Hahahahaha <3 Chops

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]