Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
How does a new admin post News on their guild site?

How does a new admin post News on their guild site?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Where do I start to administrate? ... I see no admin menu, no place to post news, no ways to update anything. This system is very confusing.

I tried posting in the News Comments ... (same place the other admins are posting news) and nothing. My post doesnt show on the front page news section.

What am I doing wrong here.

--
And you never get away, and you never get to take the easy way. And all of this is a Concequence brought on by our own hand. -YZ
Im new to being an admin on a DKPsystems guild page.

Im trying very hard to learn this quickly but its so difficult to find any kind of walkthroughs... almost like its too simple to explain...

I dont have any admin menus, or any thing like that... Im just lost. What am I missing here?

Ive posted to News Comments... nothing shows on the news section on the website.

--
And you never get away, and you never get to take the easy way. And all of this is a Concequence brought on by our own hand. -YZ
What is the address of your site, and what is your username on that particular site. I'll let you know what's up.

My initial guess is that you are not yet the admin of the site, otherwise, it would have associated your account here with your guild (which is hasn't)

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hello Again!

I have not yet heard back from you regarding your site.

Could you please give me the address of your site so I can have a look at the configuration to determine why you're not seeing the admin menu?

--
Chops will need the URL of your website in order to take a look at it. He mentioned that here.

I believe the first order of business would to be certain you do actually have admin permissions on your web site. That could be the root of the entire problem.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
tribesofdarkness.dkpsystem.com

And I believe I am. the GM sent me in game email letting me know I was good to go. but then I logged in and no Admin menu. ... I cleared cache and cookies, still no go. ...

--
In looking at your site's accounts, it appears as though the powers relinquishing process was never completed for you.

Your account on your site is still at "Guardian", several ranks below "Administrator" which is the rank to be the owner of the site.

I can email the owner of the site to verify that the current owner is trying to pass ownership of the site to you, and if so, then I can do it on my end for you.

But at the moment, you are not an admin on your site.

--
Wait no, I dont want to be the site 'administrator' I just want access to posting news updates on the front page.

The GM is still the GM, and will have ultimate power over the site, but I was under the impression I could be given the rights to apply news updates.

He would like me to be the guild "news" guy. ... Perhaps we are going about this the wrong way.

What rank gives the ability to post News on the front page?

--
tribesofdarkness.dkpsystem.com is the site, I made another thread, which you have also responded to.

I believe I may be misstating what I am trying to accomplish.

The guild owner notified me I would be able to post "news" updates to the website. He wants me to be in charge of posting kill shots and guild news.

As I could not find info describing this process, It was assumed that I would need an Admin status to do this. However, I do not want to be made the owner of the site or the "overall" administrator, I only want access to posting news on the front page.

How is this done? and Does my account currently have this ability?

--
Ahhh, I see. Thank you for clarifying. I'm looking into this now.

Edit: Alright. I've edited your account to have access to change the News postings. Your site's admin/GM would have needed to edit your account to and check the box for "News Administration", or promoted your account to a minimum rank to edit news posts, which currently is set to "Officer".

My apologies for misunderstanding your issue, it sounded to me like you were supposed to have been given ownership of the site, rather than simply promoted.

I'm going to merge these two threads together.

--
Threads merged

--
Thanks so much Chops! yay our news is up to date again! /dance

--

[Back to Index]