Password:

Forgot your password?
Karazhan- Multiple groups

Karazhan- Multiple groups
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Im trying to schedule multiple raid groups for karazhan. Will the tools provided its still very difficult to do with a 60 man guild. You would be a god in my eyes if you could help make this easier. I am familiar with the raid avail chart. but honestly its not that helpful. Ive been having people click the "i will be late" and putting in thier avail. so i can easily look at each signup and create an excel spreadsheet and balance the multiple groups without have to jump back and forth. Any help to this would be outstanding.
Quote by Lifestorm
Im trying to schedule multiple raid groups for karazhan. Will the tools provided its still very difficult to do with a 60 man guild. You would be a god in my eyes if you could help make this easier. I am familiar with the raid avail chart. but honestly its not that helpful. Ive been having people click the "i will be late" and putting in thier avail. so i can easily look at each signup and create an excel spreadsheet and balance the multiple groups without have to jump back and forth. Any help to this would be outstanding.

Availability tracking is in its infancy. It was a feature asked for and added. Chops is working to enhance the filtering and adding charting to make the data more useful.

We tried the same method with the calendar that your are using. I don't see how that data is any more helpful than what is in the availability tracker. You can take the data in the availability tracker and put it into excel also. Either way you end up with the same kind of data. Player A is on x day from y to z time.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Ok how about this - give us the ability to delete the entire raid avail chart with one button so that i can ensure each week that the avail is accurate for that week when im scheduling.

Also perhaps we can import the names from the roster too so that we can easy chase down the people who are posting thier avail.
Quote by Lifestorm
Ok how about this - give us the ability to delete the entire raid avail chart with one button so that i can ensure each week that the avail is accurate for that week when im scheduling.

Also perhaps we can import the names from the roster too so that we can easy chase down the people who are posting thier avail.

I like that idea. Provide an option configurable by the admin/operator to keep or delete the existing availability on a weekly basis. So if you configure it to delete it then every Sunday at Midnight or something similar it would drop the availability out.

Then it would make sense just at the system prompts you at login or on a refresh when your character profile hasn't been updated in a while to have it notify people that there currently haven't filled out their availability for raids.

Another sub option could be provided to users that lets them say "this is my availability and it never changes" under their account profile as some people's schedules are always the same baring vacation or emergency while others (students or part time job holders for example) don't have set schedules. In the case of the person who's schedule never changes and thus checks this option it should never delete his/her schedule. Most likely they would think it is annoying to have to fill in a new schedule every week.

edit:
or just make it prompt them the first time they login or refresh the page after Sunday at Midnight to update their availability.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Interesting ideas. Things I'll keep in mind as the raid availability stuff moves to the next version.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]