2 Karazhan's -- how do you do it?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

How do medium sized guilds manage this?
Just curious.

We personally:
Have "group a" clear kara in 1 night, if they are unable to clear it in one night then they resume the next night with -hopefully- the same people (11 people subbing out 1 class for certain fights).

Now, if they clear Kara successfully then group b goes in with all remaining guildies and progresses (not on farm yet).
This way if group A needs alts to finish Kara and get the -better- loot off of the harder bosses (prince / nether / night) then they have their pick of anyone in the guild.

How does your guild do it?

--
Quote by Kovacs
Just curious.

We personally:
Have "group a" clear kara in 1 night, if they are unable to clear it in one night then they resume the next night with -hopefully- the same people (11 people subbing out 1 class for certain fights).

Now, if they clear Kara successfully then group b goes in with all remaining guildies and progresses (not on farm yet).
This way if group A needs alts to finish Kara and get the -better- loot off of the harder bosses (prince / nether / night) then they have their pick of anyone in the guild.

We took our raid force and split it evenly into two groups. We assigned about 13 to each raid force based on attendance. The ones that are left over are then "floaters" that are to be available to either raid force depending on needs.

We are not a "hardcore" raiding guild, but we do like to get the most out of our raiding. With that said, we split to this about three weeks ago and that is when the serious Kara raiding started. Since then, both of our groups have just cleared all the way to chess.

The nice thing is that we are large enough to populate two groups on a consistant basis with a few changeouts here and there. Works well and noone has complained yet.

--
We have one raid with our best geared players that are farming up to the prince and working on the next 2 bosses. Everyone else in the guild goes in the second group. They are not doing nearly as well. When the first group can farm Kara, we will split it up and take 2 serious teams.

A second raid of not the most experienced/geared players actually helps us a lot. It ends a lot of the "Hey I am ready for kara" arguments nicely when they have an up front and personal discussion with a valet.

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Quote by carlpalmer
We have one raid with our best geared players that are farming up to the prince and working on the next 2 bosses. Everyone else in the guild goes in the second group. They are not doing nearly as well. When the first group can farm Kara, we will split it up and take 2 serious teams.

A second raid of not the most experienced/geared players actually helps us a lot. It ends a lot of the "Hey I am ready for kara" arguments nicely when they have an up front and personal discussion with a valet.

Hahaha thats the only way to let ijustturned70&nowi'mkeyed people know u don't go from mostly greens & a few blues to Kara to get epics. Last whiner I had I told him, "I worked my butt off on my gear prior to Kara & I expect others to do the same. I've checked your gear & you're no where near the point of decent gear. Its not fair to let undergeared non experienced people push back the progress of the primary Kara group."

Our plan is pretty much first group does the progress, maybe lets in 1 or 2 of the inexperienced in to learn the fights. Then those that learned somewhat will get the second group running the following week.
Quote by Kovacs
Just curious.

We personally:

This kind of depends on your guild also. How spread out your people are and what days they can raid on. We are mostly casual players with on 3 to 4 serious days a week to play. For us it will come down to having enough people keyed that match a schedule of when they can commit 3 days to the same group each week to go in and start clearing and learning.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Kovacs
Just curious.

We personally:

Christ james... WHY did you pick that picture for your avatar.

btw come to arthas.

--
spread out your people are and what days they can raid on. We are mostly casual players with on 3 to 4 serious days a week to play. For us it will come down to having enough people keyed that match a schedule of when they can commit 3 days to

While we're not a medium guild (large actually), we realized somethings very quickly.

1) Every group needs at least 2 tanks (preferably Warriors).
2) Sadly, due to size, not everyone gets to raid regularly. Therefore, we actually have set "key" teams, and sub-in non-team members as needed. This will change as we progress... namely, as Attunmen, Morose and Maiden stop dropping desireable gear for our teams, we can start to sub-in non team members so they can begin to get their feet wet and start to gear up.

We have 3 groups, based on our healer and tank mixed. Teams were formed less on gear requirements, and more on reliability of the players (i.e. skill, and showing up on time and prepared).

While there has been a little conflicts, so far we've managed. We had a "prime" team formed with about 3/4ths previously non-prime members. It worked out cause the team is dedicated, prepared and has learned to play well together.

Truthfully, we don't have subs for that team. There are 10 people (2 of which have lvl 70 alts). Our team is made up of:

1) Warrior Tank
2) Warrior Tank
3) Fire Mage
4) Shadow Priest
5) Holy Paladin
6) Holy Paladin
7) Holy/Disc Priest (with Frost Mage alt)
8) Resto Druid (With solid Balance gear too)
9) MM Hunter (with Rogue alt)
10)MM Hunter

To be quite honest, we don't really ever have need of the Rogue or Frost Mage alts. We just don't use them, though they are there should we. We've currently cleared up to Chess in 4 hours, and have it on farm status (Attun, Morose, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Chess). However, we haven't begun trying Shade, Illhoof, or any of the other bosses after Curator. (Moving on to Shade this week)

This leaves a lot of solid players in our guild to form at least 2 other groups, based on the number of healers and tanks.

Once again, the way we handle it is we have set "teams" with the rest of the guild understanding that if they are ready and prepared, they might be subbed should a team-member not be able to make it. Usually at least 2 subs happen over the course of the week. It's helpful to explain to the rest of the guild, that as we progress, the earlier bosses will become available to new players, as we'll begin to sub-in those players for the initial clearing, and have the prime members return to continue progress the following scheduled run, picking up wherever they left off on night one.

Of course, as soon as you get more of the appropriate classes, you can begin to form additional teams.

Anyway, set teams with everyone else being "subs". That's the way we handle it.

Although we are moving away from Kara, heres how we have done it for some time.

invite everyone to 1 raid
make 2 teams of preferred class mix
Have roll offs for spots
Sub out/in classes for certain bosses

most bosses has a different ideal class mix. Theres usually swapping on moroes (2 priests [holy or shadow]), aran (2 warlocks), and nightbane (4 healers)

I strongly suggest taking only 1 prot tank, and one feral druid or fury war.

And there real meat of Kara is Curator/Prince so I would suggest prioritizing them above optional bosses (attunemen, maiden etc.)

Good luck!

--

[Back to Index]