Password:

Forgot your password?
wait list feature

wait list feature
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Would it be possible to add a simple mod to the raidsnapshot mod that allows you to track a waiting list and easily add them to the dkp for the night?
Would it be possible to add a simple mod to the raidsnapshot mod that allows you to track a waiting list and easily add them to the dkp for the night?

Yeah this really needs to be added. There are somethings that we as a user community probably need to provide Chops so he can understand how to make it work best. This probably just needs to be an agreed upon method for how we track DKP for wait lists.

Our guild awards half dkp for being in a wait list for each boss. In my opinion to work effectively the mod should allow you to add someone to a wait list in the Mod GUI. This needs to timestamp the point at which the person was in the added to the wait list. Since wait list only counts on boss kills the time stamp would allow the system to know that each boss after the timestamp qualifies for the DKP award. Further the mod should know that if the player is actually in the Raid and In the Zone for a snapshot taken that it should add not generate them as part of the wait list since they were present when the snapshot was done.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
A waiting list feature is something I've had planned for a while actually.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Why would you award dkp to a person for being on the wait list... is there something that he/she is doing to earn the dkp? confused, on this system of earning

--
There are a wide array of policies that guilds enforce for a wait-list policy, but the most common is to award someone for being online and waiting to get in the raid, and also farming for helpful raid mats (like fire/shadow pots or DPS increasers). This gives incentive for people to show up even if there's the potential that there will be too many people present.

They may not be directly contributing to the raid at that moment, but they are indirectly contributing to the strength of the guild and (if farming) to the raid force as a whole.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The main reason we use this method is to make sure that our raid does not stall if we have someone that has to leave. RL happens and were ok with that, but we want to be prepared to make sure it doesnt affect the other 39 players. I do like the farming requirement though. This might be something to look into.
The main reason we use this method is to make sure that our raid does not stall if we have someone that has to leave. RL happens and were ok with that, but we want to be prepared to make sure it doesnt affect the other 39 players.

Exactly why we do it. Not every guild has the perfect 40 raiders to start with that can always do X raid on Y night for Z hours.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Was there any progress on this?

Our guild joined dkpsystem ... yesterday (so I may have missed a setting!). We give DKP to our wait list people. I see that I can do that manually, however, we'd also like track attendance of sitting and percentages. (We do this so that we can ensure that no one is sitting too much in comparison to the rest of the guild). If I manually give them DKP it will appear they were in the raid.

What have other guilds done?

--

[Back to Index]