Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
How do you remove stats/pop thread boxes?

How do you remove stats/pop thread boxes?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

www.wowao.com

One of our guildies is a web designer and he has been helping me along wioth changing our site. I want to remove a couple of boxes from the site all together: "Popular Threads" - "Statistics" - "Upcoming Events" He is n ot available for me to ask these questions at this time and was hoping to receive a fast response from here.

Also is there a way to give someone rights to make changes to the site itself but limit all the other admin features? I am sure he will gladly work through me and that once we finalize the look he would not need to access it anymore. It just makes it much easier to give him a call and he can do it on the fly, without using my info.

I must say I have enjoyed the ease of changing all different aspects of the site so far, I am just a noob when it comes to this part of it
Glad to hear it's working out for you so far!

As far as removing the Popular Threads/Statistics/Upcoming Events sections, it depends on the template you're using, or if you're feeling adventerous, modifying the HTML directly. Sometimes you can also use CSS tricks to disable them.

If you're not using a template (custom or built-in), you can hit the Admin > Layout > Logo and TopBar, and choose a different topbar configuration (including eliminating it altogether).

As for giving a single user access to layout stuff, yep: Edit the Account in Admin > Characters and Accounts > Website Accounts, then check the box at the bottom in the security section labeled "Layout". This will give that user access to layout-related functionality.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]