Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP decay concern

DKP decay concern
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

This may just be I don't understand how the decay works but I though I would make sure there was no issue.

We have a decay it starts 60 days after the DKP is earned or spent and decays down to 1% over the next 60 days. So a total of 120 days till earned and spent DKP has only 1% of those values still applied.

We noticed on 12/29 a decay was applied (as we had no raid that day) we saw several people drop almost or even over 100 DKP.

When I looked at the raids for the 60 days (9/1 to 10/30) that decay is being calculated against at most 600 DKP was earned. If these people didn't buy gear (and some did) at most around 73 DKP would be removed. But then when we looked at gear purchases which all made purchase that number should be lower as decay is applied to spent DKP as well.

So there is a concern amongst the officers that there may be something wrong as some people lost as much as 130 DKP on 12/29.

Now I should note not everyone saw this drop but enough to raise some alarm.
Could I get your site's address (I'm sorry I don't remember)? That I can have a look at your decay configuration and some information to see if anything looks awry.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I think our problem is the acceleration decay. As some of the heavier weeks of DKP occurred towards the end of he decay period and those with the largest drops appear to have not spent any in those corresponding weeks.

I was unaware of the addition of that feature as I don't usually handle those settings and I hadn't looked at them in some time. So at this point I think things look about right.

May just change back to a linear decay as it is easier to explain and will be less noticed by the general raiders, causing less panic.
Yeah, Accellerated Decay could account for that, especially if it was just enabled yesterday or the day before.

linear decay is a little more consistent, while accellerated decay allows the points to be higher for longer, and then they drop off at an increasingly faster rate.

--
We do have one question that seems to be unanswerable, mathematically.

What do the numbers in the "Decay Rate" column represent?

I tried hunting around in forums for a some explanation of that column but searching "decay rate" returns almost the the same as "decay".
I have a question about this as well. With the EPGP in game mod you can set a decay rate and it'll do it all in game. Do I have to also set the decay rate on the site or will fix the EPGP once I import the lua file?

--
Wolfify
Resto Druid
<Infamous With Style>
Darkspear -- Alliance
Quote by Kriknosnah
We do have one question that seems to be unanswerable, mathematically.

What do the numbers in the "Decay Rate" column represent?

I tried hunting around in forums for a some explanation of that column but searching "decay rate" returns almost the the same as "decay".

The decay rate column is populated by the difference from day to day in total. So, for example, a decay rate of "12" would mean that overnight you can expect to lose 12 points.

I have a question about this as well. With the EPGP in game mod you can set a decay rate and it'll do it all in game. Do I have to also set the decay rate on the site or will fix the EPGP once I import the lua file?

You should only have to enter it in to the EPGP mod, since the EPGP importer actually imports the totals.

--

[Back to Index]