Password:

Forgot your password?
Admin Issue's

Admin Issue's
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hey I am having a bit of an issue. We have our applicants section limited to only officers being able to be see them. I just promoted a member to officer and he is unable to see the applications we have received. Anyone able to assist?

--
If You Can't Keep Up, Don't Step Up, You'll Just Die
One of the side-effects (intended) of running applications on private threads is that the submitted applications only target the members who currently have access to them. Promoting them in the future does not change which members are listed in the access list.

This effectively prevents any user from ever reading their own application, should they ever get promoted all the way up to officer.

The alternative is to switch to "Non-Private" threads, in which case, only the Thread Tag serves as the security for who can see the app and who can't.

Make sense?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Ahhh ok ya that makes sense. I was a little concerned because he couldnt see any of them LOL. So he should be ok to see future ones? The reason I ask is because it puts all our apps, into our "Guest" forum, and he is unable to see that forum. Thx Chops!

--
Quote by Chino369
So he should be ok to see future ones?

Correct

--
I added an edit to my post chops, in regards to him not seeing our "Guest" Forum where the apps are put.

--
He wouldn't see any threads in the Guest Thread Tag because he doesn't have access to any of them.

Or does he not see the Guild Thread Tag at all?

--
Well I just posted a test app, and he can see it now. He has full admin priv as being an officer. But the "Guest" forum where all our apps get moved, the system puts them there. He couldnt see it, it wouldnt show up. But after my test app, he could see the app, just none of the prev ones. Which works = D Ty again, sorry for the headache heh

--

[Back to Index]