Password:

Forgot your password?
Current DKP tracking

Current DKP tracking
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

I know you've got a ton of other things on your plate. I'd really like to see if you can make a few changes to allow GRSS to read loot data back in from saved variables on a reloadui so that we can see the actual current DKP during a raid even if we have to do a reloadui in order to save our variables so that we don't lose them on a lock or crash.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
That's been requested once, and I'm justh aving trouble figuring out how that will work, exactly. It gets wierd when loading static and dynamic data at the same time and making sure they are both in sync.

For example, if someone forgets to /grss reset before the raid, and happens to have a number of items stored from a raid the night before, it'll deduct the points from the standings even though they've been entered into the system already. It definitely becomes a wierd dynamic.

I'm thinking it might be sufficient to have a popup say "Do you want the loot recorded to be reflected into the standings?"

--
It's all in the reflexes.
That's been requested once, and I'm justh aving trouble figuring out how that will work, exactly. It gets wierd when loading static and dynamic data at the same time and making sure they are both in sync.

For example, if someone forgets to /grss reset before the raid, and happens to have a number of items stored from a raid the night before, it'll deduct the points from the standings even though they've been entered into the system already. It definitely becomes a wierd dynamic.

I'm thinking it might be sufficient to have a popup say "Do you want the loot recorded to be reflected into the standings?"

I thought about that. How about this. Probably a little more work but ensures that this can not really happen. Make your EXE write to the Savedvariables lua. So your saving all the data in the same file. Thus when your telling people to delete the files after upload then really have to or they'll kill all the data.

--

I thought about that. How about this. Probably a little more work but ensures that this can not really happen. Make your EXE write to the Savedvariables lua. So your saving all the data in the same file. Thus when your telling people to delete the files after upload then really have to or they'll kill all the data.

That doesn't work unfortuantely. When you reloadui, it writes the data to the file first, then reloads the ui, reading the file it just wrote.

You'd have to be able to get the file between the write and the read, if that's even possible.

--

That doesn't work unfortuantely. When you reloadui, it writes the data to the file first, then reloads the ui, reading the file it just wrote.

You'd have to be able to get the file between the write and the read, if that's even possible.

So basically in the original format you were wanting to do its workable. It simply relies on the user know what they are doing and resetting their grss between raids. So this is really more of a user issue then right. User education is the worst thing on customer service.

--
Which, frankly, is my biggest concern.

But if I do this correctly, it should be pretty obvious...something to the effect of "There are 37 items currently recorded, would you like these point assignments to be deducted from the in-game current standings? (This will have no immediate effect on your website's standings)."

--
Which, frankly, is my biggest concern.

But if I do this correctly, it should be pretty obvious...something to the effect of "There are 37 items currently recorded, would you like these point assignments to be deducted from the in-game current standings? (This will have no immediate effect on your website's standings)."

That would work. You might even put in an option to reset there. So to add to your statement "There are 37 items currently recorded, would you like these point assignments to be deducted from the in-game current standings or woudld you like to reset your grss data? Reseting data will cause any raids not uploaded to our site to be lost. Click OK to continue with deductions or click RESET to reset your GRSS data."

--

[Back to Index]