Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Rollout Month Completed! - 30 Features in 30 Days (updated 4/30/2009)

Rollout Month Completed! - 30 Features in 30 Days (updated 4/30/2009)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [News]
Secondary: [General] [Suggestions] [News]

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>>
April 21
* Added Twitter feed integration. This works similarly with the newly added RSS feed integration, but here you can specify the feed by username or by search criteria.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
April 22
* Added the Character-Account Associator to quickly assign orphan characters (characters without accounts) to accounts. Typically this should be performed after doing an import of some sort (say from the WoW Armory, SOE, or after possibly uploading some character information from raid snapshots or logs where characters are automatically created).

This can be found at Admin > Characters and Accounts > Character-Account Associator

--
April 23
* Added the long-awaited and much requested music player. If you head to Admin > Menus > Music Playlist, you can upload some MP3 songs to your site to have played. The player itself will show up on your menu only when you have some songs uploaded. When it shows up, there'll be a "Music Player" link added to your menu, which, when clicked, will make a popup window with familiar controls and the playlist visible.

Here's a screenshot of it in action:

--
Quote by Chops
April 22
* Added the Character-Account Associator to quickly assign orphan characters (characters without accounts) to accounts. Typically this should be performed after doing an import of some sort (say from the WoW Armory, SOE, or after possibly uploading some character information from raid snapshots or logs where characters are automatically created).

This can be found at Admin > Characters and Accounts > Character-Account Associator

Is this just to associate "Orphan Characters" with accounts? Or will this allow us to assign all DKP to the same root character?

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

Is this just to associate "Orphan Characters" with accounts? Or will this allow us to assign all DKP to the same root character?

This is just to associate "Orphan Charcters" to accounts. Grouping DKP on main character remains a feature on the list that I hope to fit in yet this month.

--
The Problem I'm having with the MP3 player is circled in red on the SS.

Also, is it possible to have it so that the MP3 will play a song upon loading the site? Having it play a pre-selected track or one from random off the list would be excellent options.

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

I am having the same error problem "Error loading MP3" for my site
I'm looking into your issue Error loading MP3 issue, though I'm not sure just yet what the problem is.

I can't in good conscience set up a configuration that would set the songs to run as soon as a user hits the site. That's the kind of stuff that both infuriates users, and when this happens, the song will just start from the beginning every time they reload the page, which is why a popup is the ideal solution - it's only if the user explicitly requests it, and it doesn't reload automatically every time they change pages.

If you wanted, you can read the source HTML that's used to make the player work and paste it in eihter news item or a menu item, but that's not an option I'll ever be adding as a default menu option.

--
Quote by Malizzar
I am having the same error problem "Error loading MP3" for my site

Moi aussi.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Music player bug fixed. Your songs should all be playing properly now.

--
I can't seem to upload any files using Firefox. Using latest Adobe Flash player. Uploading from regular file area works fine.

It's a 4mb mp3 file... immediately goes to 100% and then sits there for 10 seconds, says upload complete and page reloads and says 0 files.

--
Followers of Nobility
Quote by Jedis
I can't seem to upload any files using Firefox. Using latest Adobe Flash player. Uploading from regular file area works fine.

It's a 4mb mp3 file... immediately goes to 100% and then sits there for 10 seconds, says upload complete and page reloads and says 0 files.

Interesting. Is it working in IE? I'm not able to reproduce this. It looks like you got a file up there.

--
April 24
* New Decay mechanisms:
----Decay Type: Linear (independent decay at a constant rate until floor is hit). Accellerative Decay is the same decay that's always been in the system.
----EPGP-type Decay: You can set it to adjust the EP and GP totals X% every Y days.
* New DKP Tax functionality:
----Set your total DKP to tax X% every Y days (This can be done in conjuction with decay if you wish, though it's not exactly recommended).
----Inactive Tax: You can choose to make raiders who haven't raided for X days get taxed for inactivity.

A few things to consider: The EPGP Decay and DKP Taxes do their changes via adjustments, rather than changing the value of the past items. This is because these functions act on the total values rather than the individual values. This also means that these functions (EPGP Decay and DKP Tax) are NOT retroactive.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Jedis

Interesting. Is it working in IE? I'm not able to reproduce this. It looks like you got a file up there.

That's odd. I wondered why I was still lagging even after it said it was finished. I rebooted my router a couple times and still had lag.

I didn't get a chance to try it in IE yet. But it kept uploading even after the site said it was finished if it finally appeared. I have DSL with a slow upstream and there's no way I sent 4mb in under 30 seconds.

--
Followers of Nobility
April 25
* Added required viewing. You can mark guides or custom menu contents as required viewing. For all users that have access to this particular page, an alert will be generated if they haven't viewed it. Clicking the link in the alert or visiting the target page will remove the alert.

Some samples for you to see:

--
How do you set who has access to change that setting?

A confirmation box to confirm clearing the view history would be nice.

A few random things I noticed:

- It's counting Application and DKPSystem.com accounts in the list that hasn't viewed
- There's a stray bracket at the end of the window

--
Followers of Nobility
Quote by Jedis

Right now, it's the super admin and anyone with "Full Admin Privileges".

--
Music Player is escaping an apostrophe with a \

--
Followers of Nobility
is it possible to disable the required veiwing function?
Quote by Chops
Quote by Jedis

Right now, it's the super admin and anyone with "Full Admin Privileges".
is it possible that more people can access this. there are a few people who i want to be able to view the list but dont want to give admin privelages to
thanks been waiting for this

edit: and also maybe a minimum rank which is required to view this. ie casuals not having to view raiding guides. and a rank which can see who views as an option?

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>>
[Back to Index]