Password:

Forgot your password?
Possible to automate a DKP tax?

Possible to automate a DKP tax?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Our guild currently uses taxes as a form of decay to keep inflation in check. At the present time, a guild officer and I are responsible for maintaining the roster, and we have been manually logging mass adjustments on a weekly basis.

I originally proposed the idea to the guild leaders of the tax, going by a posted indication on the forum that it was a forthcoming feature and that manual adjustment would be a temporary solution until then.

Is a "% reduction every n days" feature still in the works?

(Or maybe it exists and I'm overlooking its configuration?)
There are going to be 3 new decay methods implemented that are currently specced out awaiting implementation:

Linear: works similar to the current decay, just decays at a constant rate, rather than an accellerating rate like the current one.

Tax: Reduces the total DKP of all players by X% every Y days.

Percent: Works similarly to the current decay (in that each thing is decayed individually), but will reduce each by X% every Y days (the formula will be something like (Points * (percent-to-reduce^days). So, if you're decaying 1% every day, the percentage each point after a week would be 0.99^7 = 93.2%. This is what the EPGP decay looks like.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Will any of these result in people not going into negative DKP resulting from decay\tax? We currently have a no-negative policy and the way the DKP feature works does not accommodate it right now.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Also, would it be possible to report the DKP Decayed on the current standing list? It would definitely answer most of the questions I've been getting.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Quote by Jyobanti
Will any of these result in people not going into negative DKP resulting from decay\tax? We currently have a no-negative policy and the way the DKP feature works does not accommodate it right now.

A "Tax" will not ever decay into the negative. IT simply reduces everyone's DKP by a percent of their current. So even if they've only got 0.1 points and you tax them 10%, they'll end up with 0.09 points after the tax

The undecayed value in the table is actually an interesting idea (and the total decay would simply be undecayed - actual decayed).

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Jyobanti

A "Tax" will not ever decay into the negative. IT simply reduces everyone's DKP by a percent of their current. So even if they've only got 0.1 points and you tax them 10%, they'll end up with 0.09 points after the tax

The undecayed value in the table is actually an interesting idea (and the total decay would simply be undecayed - actual decayed).

Awesome. Do you have an ETA for implementation?
Also, will there be a setting for a 'full value life' as we have now? For example, mojoman earned 25 DKP for a run and those points will remain at full value for 30 days, after which the tax will be applied.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Awesome. Do you have an ETA for implementation?

I don't. But I'm going to try to slip it in this month

Also, will there be a setting for a 'full value life' as we have now? For example, mojoman earned 25 DKP for a run and those points will remain at full value for 30 days, after which the tax will be applied.

There will not. The delayed decay can only apply to decay, because with decay each item/raid decays independently. Independent Decay allows for the analysis of decaying only events that are "old enough" because you can look at the date of each.

With the Tax, it looks at the total as a whole and simply does something like the following:

User X has 150 points, apply 10% tax, which is 15 points. User X now has 135 points.

Make sense?

--

[Back to Index]