Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP System (I'm new)

DKP System (I'm new)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I'm trying to find out, if there is a way to make the in game addon automatically calculate a % cost for an item.

Example

Player X wants Item A as main spec and has 100 points

Player Y wants Item A as off spec and has 100 points.

I want this to award to player X, for 50% of his DKP. If Player X passes, I want it to cost Player Y a flat 8 points.

Is there anyway to do make this process automated?

Thanks!
At the moment, there is not a way to do it automatically, though another user has requested some similar functionality that is being considered to solve this particular problem. It will involve users bidding offspec and/or main, though I haven't quite decided yet how to best implement it.

The tough part is making it easy to use, but flexible, and I've actually had users cancel before because their users couldn't figure out "!bid" and insisted on typing "bid."

But given the new dual specs, I'll likely be attempting to slide this functionality in the new version.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Let me ask this then...

Is there a way to value all the items at 50%, and manually override them if I want them to go as offspec?

Say Player X and Player Y both have 100 DKP again. Items all are set at 50%.

Player X passes as main,
Player Y wins as off spec...

Can I just type in 8 DKP?

And if Player X wins as main, it automatically deducts 50 DKP (50%). It's similar, just less automation.

Right now, I don't believe so.

What you COULD do is set every item's price on your site to be the "main" cost, and then if you need to overwrite the value, enter that cost when the popup comes.

But whatever number you enter in the box will be stored.

--
Thanks for the replies Chops. I've been looking, and I'm struggling to set the costs as a %. Is there anyway to make say, Black Ice cost 50% or will that always have to be manual.
50% of what? Of the player's current DKP?

--
Quote by Chops
It will involve users bidding offspec and/or main, though I haven't quite decided yet how to best implement it.

The tough part is making it easy to use, but flexible, and I've actually had users cancel before because their users couldn't figure out "!bid" and insisted on typing "bid."

But given the new dual specs, I'll likely be attempting to slide this functionality in the new version.

Chops, wouldn't it be possible to make a command called "!bidmain" and one called"!bidoff"

And then have the bidding history have two running lists?

That would quite "easily" solve the main vs. offspec issue.
Yes Chops... 50% of the players current DKP.

So if player X has 100 DKP it would cost him 50, if he had 200 it'd cost him 100, so on and so forth

[Back to Index]