Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP in Excel

DKP in Excel
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Ok, to make a long story short - Our guild webmaster quit and took down the site with him. We can still view our DKP because it was using eqDKP, but we do not have access to creat a dump. We copied and pasted the current status information into an excel file.

Is there anyway to upload this file into our new site here?

Is there anyway to manually enter all the information? (We are willing to do this)

We are just not sure where to go from here. We have current standings but I am not sure how to go about adding or creating the dkp on our dkpsystem website. I hope this all makes sense.

--
It's a common misconception that Rogues "do it" from the front or even, on rare occasion, laterally. While there was a brief period in the sixties where such things might have been in vogue, these days it's understood that the best position for rogues worldwide is directly behind. Indeed, many roguish feats demand it.
Importing from excel would be a bit of a task, as there's currently no process for this. However, your best bet is to create a raid and call it something like "Initial Standings from eqDKP" and just give each member the amount of points they currently had.

That, or you can do the same with adjustments.

That sucks that you're not able to get a dump of the data...is you old GM being a hard-head about it?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Importing from excel would be a bit of a task, as there's currently no process for this. However, your best bet is to create a raid and call it something like "Initial Standings from eqDKP" and just give each member the amount of points they currently had.

That, or you can do the same with adjustments.

That sucks that you're not able to get a dump of the data...is you old GM being a hard-head about it?

We just don't have the access. The guy running the website had control of everything and locked everyone out. It really sucks.

We have not given our members access to the new site yet. Is there a way to put their game names into the dkp system without having had them sign up first?

I apologize, most of my web experience comes from design and not programming - so i'm a bit of a noob.

--
It's a common misconception that Rogues "do it" from the front or even, on rare occasion, laterally. While there was a brief period in the sixties where such things might have been in vogue, these days it's understood that the best position for rogues worldwide is directly behind. Indeed, many roguish feats demand it.
Not a problem at all. Go ahead and download the "GuildRaidSnapShot" mod and use it to upload your guild roster.

Check out the "Roster Snapshot Uploader" section of the Admin menu (under Day to Day Operations).

--
Not a problem at all. Go ahead and download the "GuildRaidSnapShot" mod and use it to upload your guild roster.

Check out the "Roster Snapshot Uploader" section of the Admin menu (under Day to Day Operations).

Sweet, I had a feeling this is what I was going to be doing. I have downloaded the mod already and actually taken shots. Thanks for your help.

PS- You will be seeing a lot of me on the forums

--

Sweet, I had a feeling this is what I was going to be doing. I have downloaded the mod already and actually taken shots. Thanks for your help.

PS- You will be seeing a lot of me on the forums

Sweet Deal.

--
Welcome to the forums... I like the backgroud img you went with, but your logo should have some transparency to get ride of the black around it. Would look a lot better. Other than that, looking great and hope you enjoy your new site as much as I enjoy mine =)

--
Sreh

[Back to Index]