Forgot your password?
Characters with stupid name?

Characters with stupid name?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi Chops,

I have a guy in my Guild with the name Zödd (god i hate people with stupid names). Now the snapshot mod records his name as Zödd.

I merged the 2 characters together but after every Raid the name Zödd returns with his assigned DKP.

Am i doing something wrong in the merging or is he just a stupid name i am going to have to deal with?

Many thanks for you help

Hi Chops,

I have a guy in my Guild with the name Zödd (god i hate people with stupid names). Now the snapshot mod records his name as Zödd.

I merged the 2 characters together but after every Raid the name Zödd returns with his assigned DKP.

Am i doing something wrong in the merging or is he just a stupid name i am going to have to deal with?

Many thanks for you help

This has been mentioned at least 3 other threads. I think Chops is trying to find out how to parse them correctly in the lua. The same codes you use to type them like holding alt+0252 on the number pad creates ü both in game and on the site but when lua snapshots it the characters come out goofy. For now with our site we have merged the character name into the snapshot name. That way when we import them they are correct.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
The names are turned into Unicode, and being the nubcake programmer I am, I don't know what to do yet to parse the Unicode. But know that I'm working to get it straightened out....I have a few ideas on what I can do to get this working. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]