Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
The calculation being used to the Last 30 Days, Last 60 Days and Last 90 Days tabs is not actually calculating those time frames. Instead it is calculating the last raid within that time frame. For example, if a player joins the guild on Jan 1st and attempts one raid that night on Jan 2nd he will be listed as having 100% attendance over the last 30 days. Which means that our initiates tend to have inflated %s until they have been in the guild for a very long time compared to our long term members.

Our other example is more difficult to explain, but for example, we had a raid before Christmas on the 20th, and then no new raids until Jan 6th. We looked at attendance on Jan 20th to calculate our ranks (which are all attendance based) and one mage in particular (Togana) had 45% attendance. This made him a Veteran member of the guild. On Jan 21st I was looking at the DKP attendance again to do DKP Decay (which is all attendance % based as well) and noticed that Togana was listed as having 96% attendance. This was because now the 30 day tab was only calculating the dates from Jan 6th to Jan 21st instead of from Dec 21st to Jan 21st. That difference is a big deal as it would change Togana's rank in the guild and how much DKP he can earn.

Here is the Raid Analysis for the 30 days (the way we used to do all ranking):
http://ibr.dkpsystem.com/raidanalysis.php?dkpsystemid=11&sort=&daterange=on&startdate=12%2F22%2F08&enddate=1%2F22%2F09&forclasses=on&classid%5B%5D=5&sub=Do+It
(As you can see he has 55.8% using the true 30days)

There is the Current Standings set to 30 days (the way we would LIKE to do all our ranking):
http://ibr.dkpsystem.com/dkpmember.php?dkpsystemid=11&sort=raidpercent&fromdaysago=30&classid%5B%5D=5&slid%5B%5D=3&slid%5B%5D=4&slid%5B%5D=7&slid%5B%5D=8&slid%5B%5D=10&slid%5B%5D=12&slid%5B%5D=15&submitter=Filter+Class%2FRank
(The numbers are very different, it looks like it is only counting his raids from Jan 12th to Jan 19th))

Using Raid Analysis is cumbersome considering how much we use attendance for, that's why I was so happy to have the new columns added to the Current Standings pages, but we need percentages that are fair for all and are accurately reflecting the same date frame for all members.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
We had a similar issue arise in my guild a couple months back.

We use raid attendence to decide tie-breakers on those bidding on items. A newer member had attended nearly every raid since he joined the guild, so his attendence was at nearly 100%. A member that had been in the guild for years had excellent raid attendence too, but not as good as the new member's, or so it seemed. The older member attended 100% of the raids that the new member had since they joined the guild, but they had missed some several months back, so their % was not as good as the newer member. By mistake, the newer member got the item over the old member and chaos ensued.

There needs to be an option for all raid attendence % since DKP started to be tracked for that time period. 30, 60, 90, BC ;p

--
Followers of Nobility
Honestly, calculating DKP from the user's first raid is one of the very reasons we switched hosting to DKPSystem. We can see how much effort people have made since they joined, which is important since all new recruits are put on a 2 week trial in our guild.

If something like this is changed PLEASE leave it as an option that we can set (as Jedis suggested), as the method currently employed by the host is super helpful in my situation. I agree that other guilds may not use the data in the same way and require it being tracked differently, but there are a lot of us that use the current system because it suits us better.
It would be nice if there was a monthly or quarterly option as our attendance requirements are based on 3 month time frame as are our guild funds split to our members. As it stands, I have to run a raid analysis for the 3 month time frame, copy and paste the info into a spreadsheet, delete out all the stuff I need aside from the name and their 3 month raid % to determine how much plat they will receive as well as if they have maintained their required attendance.
Alrighty, I'm glad you guys kept pushing this issue.

There are now three new variables to use in the Custom DKP Columns section (Admin > DKP > Custom DKP Columns).

You'll see "totalraids", "totalevents", and "totaldays".

totalraids = ALL raid snapashots for the selected time range (Full = All Time, 30 days = Last 30 days etc), regardless of the "first raid" of the character.

totaldays = All raid days for the same

totalevents = All raid calendar events for the same

To add an "Absolute Raid Percent" field, simply add the following:

100*(raids/totalraids)

This will give you what you desire.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Also, custom DKP Age Sets have been added, so you can now customize the Tabs at the top of the current standings. Check out Admin > DKP > Custom Age Sets.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thank you!

100*(raids/totalraids) is giving me what I want. Yay!

Anyway I can get it to round up to one decimal and to put a % symbol after the number?

--
Also I've never used a custom column before, is it possible to move it up in the list so it's not the last column in the current standings? I'm not seeing the one I added on admindkpstandings.php

--
Thanks. I added a column for us using 100*(raids/totalraids)

Anyway you can put in a way to color code the DKP columns?

Also, an option to show the % sign after percents would be great. I added a 'Cumm Raid %' column which shows the numbers as XX.XX - a way to have it show XX.XX% would make it easier to distinguish that it's a percent and not how much DKP they have.

--
Followers of Nobility

[Back to Index]