Forgot your password?
Ventrilo

Ventrilo
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Hey there,

I'm just having trouble setting up the ventrilo status on the site. I have entered the info in, but it is not showing anything in the ventrilo window.
Give it a few minutes. It usually takes about 30 minutes for it to show for the first time. After that, it'll update every 3-4 minutes.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Give it a few minutes. It usually takes about 30 minutes for it to show for the first time. After that, it'll update every 3-4 minutes.

I have had my Vent up for 2 days and it still shows a computer then says root next to it?

If the Vent has a password is that the problem? Your site has no way of putting in a password but... Im not a website guy im a Network Engineer so I am vaguely familiar but a refresher always helps.

--
Smash House
I have had my Vent up for 2 days and it still shows a computer then says root next to it?

I used your ventrilo information to try to connect. I wasn't able to establish a connection at all (it wasn't an "invalid password" message, it was a simply "no response from server" error).

I would doublecheck your information and make sure it's correct.

--
Quote by Chops

I used your ventrilo information to try to connect. I wasn't able to establish a connection at all (it wasn't an "invalid password" message, it was a simply "no response from server" error).

I would doublecheck your information and make sure it's correct.

Okay so I went back and double checked the settings, I did have a typo but also our vent is password based and your setup there does not offer a place to put a password.

--
Smash House
Okay so I went back and double checked the settings, I did have a typo but also our vent is password based and your setup there does not offer a place to put a password.

The password is not necessary to retrieve the status from the vent server, even if a password is required to log into the server.

--
Quote by Chops

The password is not necessary to retrieve the status from the vent server, even if a password is required to log into the server.

Thanx got it!

--
Smash House

[Back to Index]