Password:

Forgot your password?
Rank masking for games other than WoW

Rank masking for games other than WoW
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

We're an EverQuest guild and the only ranks are Member, Officer, and Leader. There's no additional customizable ranks available for the game.

Is there a way we could get some sort of masking for ranks?

We have a 'Proby' rank on our site that lets us filter what access the newly admitted have, while 'Member' get more features available. When we import EQ raid dumps for the DKP, it sees our Proby's as 'Proby' on the site and does not want to automatically give them their DKP; we have to manually go through and click each one.

We wanted to have a 'Veteran' rank on the site to give long time members more control on the site too. But if they're flagged as 'Veteran' they do not get their DKP either.

Not sure why it works this way, as the raid dumps do not list ranks in there... Any ideas?

For now, I renamed the 'Proby' rank to 'Member' -- so we now have 2 'Member' ranks. Trying to differentiate from them on the site is a pita. I know it's listing them from highest access (top) to lowest (bottom), so I know the top 'Member' is the real member and the 'Member' underneath it is actually the Proby's. I haven't imported another dump yet to see if this fixes it. But, there's gotta be a better way than this

--
Followers of Nobility
Head over to Admin > DKP > Quick Edit Destinations. There you'll see the ratios that ranks are awarded DKP. For most situations, the proper ratio is just "1" (meaning full earning).

Likely, you have a bunch of "0"s in there for the extra ranks.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
They're all set to 1... Will wait until the next raid import to check it again though. For now, I changed it back the way it was to test.

--
Followers of Nobility
Ok, I made a destination called Default and put the ratios in. They appear to be sticking. Now I just need to choose the default destination when uploading a new raid to get it to work?

--
Followers of Nobility
Appears to be working now. Thanks.

--
Followers of Nobility

[Back to Index]