Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Best practice for referencing images in Guides?

Best practice for referencing images in Guides?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I created my first guide the other day, and immediately wnated to know how to use images in guides...

The guide editor didn't have an ability to upload images, like a post did.

What is the right way for images to be used in a guide?

I would guess that one way would to be create a gallery called "Guide Images", and have guide authors upload their images there, and then reference them in the guide...

Another route would be to have the images attached to the guides themselves? (Sort of like how images can be a file attachment -- create a new post, add image file attachments, save post, copy link to image, edit post, use link to image).

What is the preferred way to tell people to handle images in guides?
Myself, I post images to a private thread containing just me, and use those for the guides. Though I have plans on adding file attachments to guides (which would be enabled by the "Forum Uploads" package).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Myself, I post images to a private thread containing just me, and use those for the guides. Though I have plans on adding file attachments to guides (which would be enabled by the "Forum Uploads" package).

Thanks for the thoughts Chops.. I don't like the idea of having the guide images attached to a user's post.. If I one day ever want to delete USERX from the system entirely, including USERX's post, the guide will go boom.

The gallery idea would work. But your idea is the best. Until that low priority feature is implemented, I can just tell people to upload images to the guide gallery.

[Back to Index]