Password:

Forgot your password?
ISP Addresses of Posters

ISP Addresses of Posters
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Our guild just caught a troublesome, former member reapping to the guild under a different toon name by noticing that the ISP address attached to the app was the same as the ISP address attached to old posts by this ex-member. So, first, I want to say a big "Thank You!" for giving us access to this information. (This was particularly exciting because we recently had a problem with a new member abusing our guild bank privileges for 2-3 days and making about 2000g in the AH before we booted him. The guy actually gloated. So much for trust.)

On to my question. It appears that, on our site, the GM rank is currently the only level that has the ISP information displayed in each post's member info box. Is there a feature available to set this lower so that all officers can view the ISP address of the poster? I poked around and couldn't find it.

Also (and I know this is probably wishful thinking because I know you constantly are working on details to add to your wonderful product but...) I was wondering if it would be possible to add a function so that the GM can select a member's name and get a list of all of the IP addresses the member ever logged in on or at least posted on?

Thanks so much!

Andrea
Quote by pipsquacky
On to my question. It appears that, on our site, the GM rank is currently the only level that has the ISP information displayed in each post's member info box. Is there a feature available to set this lower so that all officers can view the ISP address of the poster? I poked around and couldn't find it.

I am almost certain that if you give "forumadmin" access to your officers, they will be able to see IP addresses in forum posts.

Quote by pipsquacky
Also (and I know this is probably wishful thinking because I know you constantly are working on details to add to your wonderful product but...) I was wondering if it would be possible to add a function so that the GM can select a member's name and get a list of all of the IP addresses the member ever logged in on or at least posted on?

As far as I know, there is no way to do this at the present time.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus

I am almost certain that if you give "forumadmin" access to your officers, they will be able to see IP addresses in forum posts.

There is a way to do it, but it's limited to members who are given "Full Admin Privileges", since that is also the necessary rank to ban a user.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]