Password:

Forgot your password?
Expiring Passwords

Expiring Passwords
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Several of my guildmembers have complained recently that their passwords are getting expired multiple times per session. They're having to log in every few minutes.

I went through their browser settings with them (they're all using IE or embedded IE variants), and nothing jumped out at me as being incorrectly set. They have cookies enabled, as well.

Any ideas or things we can try?

Thanks!

D
Indeed there is.

It has to do with your DNS configuration.

I'll refer you to this post. Let me know if you need further explanation: http://www.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?postid=14477

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks! I put the Javascript in our layout.html file, and we'll see if that fixes the problem.

D
I'm sorry, I should have been more explicit. I didn't mean for you to put any javascript into your layout.html. That advice was actually for a guild that hosted their forums off-site, but wished to continue using their domain name for both. It was a complicated situation.

The advice I linked directly, however, was to reconfigure our DNS settings to no longer use masking. Domain masking uses Frames to conceal the actual location. So you're on www.agonalbreath.com, the frame on that page is loading agonalbreath.dkpsystem.com.

IE, however, will reject cookies from other domains for loaded frames, which is why your IE members are getting auto-logged out.

The solution is to disable masking, and instead configure your A records to point to 208.100.30.200. The easy alternative is to just set up a simple redirect, however, some guilds prefer to have their domain show rather than the .dkpsystem.com subdomain.

Does that make sense?

If you were to put in that javascript in your layout.html, you're going to get an infinite loop back to itself. It'll load, and then redirect back to itself, load, redirect, load, redirect....forever. And you definitely don't want that.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]