[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Guild Policies]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
Fricking Guildies
19/20 (95.0%) Yes
1/20 (5.0%) No

I know I am not the only Guild Master here that is having problems with noobs in their guild not singing up for raids. Just for shits and grins decided to take a poll of who else wanted to strangle some of their guildies for not taking the 5 seconds to do so.
Yes= you feel my pain
No= You don't have this problem: And you should give me all your guildies

----

--
It was a huge problem when I was running a guild. We'd seriouesly get 5 people to sign up for BWL and MC.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
It was a huge problem when I was running a guild. We'd seriouesly get 5 people to sign up for BWL and MC.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

what did you do to fianlly get them to sign up?

----
Sreh

--
Sreh

----

what did you do to fianlly get them to sign up?

----
Sreh

Nothing really. We just lived with it.

But I'm working on stuff to make signing up more prominent. The signup process is getting a serious revamp over the next few weeks.

----

--
We recruited more & required sign ups to go. Even if we were short peeps we still didn't ask the non signed up people to go. It was a hassle for a week or so but then people caught on & started to sign up. Soon it wasn't just first come first served, it soon turned into filling in the class matrix we wanted, nice.

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ
We recruited more & required sign ups to go. Even if we were short peeps we still didn't ask the non signed up people to go. It was a hassle for a week or so but then people caught on & started to sign up. Soon it wasn't just first come first served, it soon turned into filling in the class matrix we wanted, nice.

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ

Nice. That's an effective method.

I'm still plannin on trying to make a method to make people WANT to sign up, though I'm not sure exactly how that should be done yet.

Any of you guys have any ideas on something like this?

I was thinking an Alert myself, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Something like, if an event is within 3 days and you haven't signed up or said you weren't going, then it'll make an alert.

Something like that.

----

--
Well tbh those that make it like pulling teeth to get them to sign up are not the most desirable people. I mentioned the one method because it was the most successful one. We tried incentives, DKP bonus various "positive" things as I'm one who prefers that kind of approach.

In the end you have those who think that they're so needed that they can do w/e they want, the trick is to make the guild in less need.

A pop up reminder telling people they're not signed up for a raid could be useful IF the person creating the raid can have that as an option. But those that don't sign up for raids now are probably not really checking out the site so perhaps it wouldn't be effective.

I've been a GM in EQ, FF & WoW this is an issue all the time, it's not you or your leadership skills. It doesn't matter how cool you make the site either. To get guildies to traffic the site often is the first step. We had success in creating games on the forums &/or referencing stuff in guild chat to make people feel like they need to hit the forums to be in the loop.

Good Luck to you both, reward those that do use the site in some way & rub it in to those who don't.

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ
If you're running DKP system or whatever, toss a DKP Penalty / Bonus for sign-ups.

If you're doing /roll or whatever cause you're casual, penatly/bonus to your first /roll.

Whatever's clever.

I can basically garuntee you that your guildmembers will start signing up as soon as they see it is affecting their chances at loot.

Basically, everythign Jaidyn just said before me.

----
-Goth

--
-Goth
Actually, in our guild it's not difficult to get them to sign up at all -- it's getting them to SHOW once they've signed up that's the issue. Even then, our no-show rate is not bad...maybe about 10%. The ones who consistently no-show are placed at the bottom of the invite list for a few raids and may not get to attend.

We actually don't use the sign-up feature on our site, though I love it, since it is far superior to similar features on our old sites. We use an in-game addon called Guild Event Manager for our signups so nobody has to alt-tab out to sign up or to go down the list when it's time to do invites. (I'd love to see something like that integrated, Chops.)

Lan
Actually, in our guild it's not difficult to get them to sign up at all -- it's getting them to SHOW once they've signed up that's the issue. Even then, our no-show rate is not bad...maybe about 10%. The ones who consistently no-show are placed at the bottom of the invite list for a few raids and may not get to attend.

We actually don't use the sign-up feature on our site, though I love it, since it is far superior to similar features on our old sites. We use an in-game addon called Guild Event Manager for our signups so nobody has to alt-tab out to sign up or to go down the list when it's time to do invites. (I'd love to see something like that integrated, Chops.)

Lan

I'll see how viable it would be to import the signup information into the page. I've started speccing out the revamp of the event signup process, and it should be ready HOPEFULLY within a week, however, to be safe, I'd give it 2.

----

--
If you're running DKP system or whatever, toss a DKP Penalty / Bonus for sign-ups.

If you're doing /roll or whatever cause you're casual, penatly/bonus to your first /roll.

Whatever's clever.

I can basically garuntee you that your guildmembers will start signing up as soon as they see it is affecting their chances at loot.

Basically, everythign Jaidyn just said before me.

----
-Goth

haha

----

--
I'll see how viable it would be to import the signup information into the page. I've started speccing out the revamp of the event signup process, and it should be ready HOPEFULLY within a week, however, to be safe, I'd give it 2.

----

That would delight us to no end, as I really dig the banner that lets us know how long we have until our next raid. However, it doesn't show up if we have no raids scheduled using the site system, obviously. Also, I would love to be able to check signups from the site for times when I'm away from my gaming computer...like now, when I'm at work, hehe.
I used Guild Event but man people had so many probs with it I gave up on it Is it running better now? And when Blizz does major patches have you noticed that it gets totally screwey?

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ
I used Guild Event but man people had so many probs with it I gave up on it Is it running better now? And when Blizz does major patches have you noticed that it gets totally screwey?

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ

That's definitely a problem with relying on in-game solutions when blizzard decides to tweak the settings, if the developer of the mod isn't feeling up to fixing the bugs this week, you might sit for a while waiting for them to fix it, or you'll have to wade through their code to fix it yourself, neither of which is desirable.

Plus, that data is sooo fragile, unless you take the time to back it up, of course.

----

--
We have yet to have any problems with it actually, but have also heard of its sketchy reputation and have been watching it closely.
I'm not sure how PiaS managed to get such an overwhelmingly abnormal amount of guild traffic, but even then people didn't use the signup feature (i used it pretty often, actually).

i dunno, chops, would it be possible to somehow incorporate the GEM Saved Variable file so that it could be concurrent with the DKPsystem site's signup list?
I'm not sure how PiaS managed to get such an overwhelmingly abnormal amount of guild traffic, but even then people didn't use the signup feature (i used it pretty often, actually).

i dunno, chops, would it be possible to somehow incorporate the GEM Saved Variable file so that it could be concurrent with the DKPsystem site's signup list?

Yeah, I'm planning on implementing an importer for the GEM mod (or a syncer, or whatever).

Oh, and sup Vinco.

----

--

Yeah, I'm planning on implementing an importer for the GEM mod (or a syncer, or whatever).

Oh, and sup Vinco.

----

^^worst guild leader ever.
Well i am not doing the end game stuffs yet but i run my guild as if we were, only so everyone can get used to the system we are going to be using... with the exception of using the grss loot distributor we will use that only in end game. But i anounce on the MOTD to check the calendar if we post a scheduled event to run through, WC, RFK, RFD SM, all the little ones, if they did not sign up, then so sorry... so as i add more and more people to the guild the lower level people are now Guild chatting, "if ya wanna go to RFD ya better sign up on the site, or ya might lose out on some good stuff, and xp and the such"... so it is starting to be a norm, before ya log into the game, check the site. It works, does everyone use the site? no, there are a few, but they dont get much assistance. i dont want to invest my Non-XP time to helping those that do not want to be a team player...
There is no "I" in Team he he

--
I'm still plannin on trying to make a method to make people WANT to sign up, though I'm not sure exactly how that should be done yet.

Ok... works for me... (this scales with 1dkp per boss in MC)

+1 dkp if you've signed up and show up.
+1 dkp if you're on time and prepared (pots, bandages, reagents, etc.)
+1 dkp if you stay for the whole raid. (Ironman Bonus)

Know what I got?

People who sign up, show up, and stay. Of course there are exceptions but the rule has shifted in a positive way.

------------------
"If you reward the behavior you want, you'll get the behavior you need!"

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]